DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Any site / server problems -- post here. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/137013-any-site-server-problems-post-here.html)

Chris Hurd September 11th, 2013 11:29 AM

Re: Any site / server problems -- post here.

I'll see if I can duplicate the issue anyway!

Tim Lewis March 11th, 2014 10:21 PM

Hi Chris

Since the move to the new server there has been a change in the forum behaviour that I am experiencing. I don't know if it is affecting others. When I use the "New Posts" button everything works as before and I see a list of new posts and others which I have not changed since my last visit but still contain unread posts.

When I go to one of these threads and read it and then return to the "New Posts" page using the back arrow, the old server would then take the thread heading from bold to plain type to show it had been read. The new server is not doing this.

Cheers

Tim

Chris Hurd March 11th, 2014 10:29 PM

Howdy Tim,

What if you don't use the back arrow, but instead click the New Post link again?

I can make this easier by duplicating that row of links that contains "New Posts" down here at the bottom of the page... will get to work on that.

Edit: Okay, so now there's a "New Posts" link at the bottom of every page (including this page); it's in the center of the page in between the previous post and next post links, just below "You are here" the breadcrumb nav and above one of the medium rectangle banner ads... that should save you from having to scroll back up to the top for New Posts.

Bob Hart March 11th, 2014 11:09 PM

My computer had a catastrophic stasis epilepsis episode about two years ago and I reset the clock wrong. After re-installing stuff I discovered the error. I elected not to change it and go through the torment of again reinstalling and re-registering softwares which will slap you every which way to heaven or hell for very little reason other than they can.

So Chris. It is all my fault. My computer clock is set to a different time and date and the collective of the rest of the world's computery thinks itself and the atomic reference clocks to be wrong.

Whatever, the three clicks back after re-logging in when a longwinded forum response being composed times out, to bring up the text again for posting, still works.

Site wrangling has to be right up there with a whole host of minor miracles that I cannot comprehend which demand respect.

Tim Lewis March 12th, 2014 12:07 AM

Hi Chris

If I click "New Posts" again, it will refresh the links and the one I have visited will disappear. I use the back arrow so I see which of all the overnight posts I have visited. Sometimes after visiting all the threads which interest me, I will then go back into a visited thread and post a reply. It is for that reason I liked the previous format of the change from bold to plain text.

It is not a big deal, I can live without it.

Cheers

Tim

Noa Put March 12th, 2014 12:24 AM

Have seen it twice occurring, one time on a post I did where my answer to a new post appeared before the first post, see here: http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/sony-nxc...ewel-seas.html

Chris Harding March 12th, 2014 07:01 AM

The only thing that I found a few days ago was a thread with just one reply and after posting my response my post appeared above the previous post so I was "moved" into 2nd place instead of "third" ... I just figured that maybe the first replier had edited his post so it then appeared after me.

Not really an issue at all though!

Chris

Barry Goyette March 17th, 2014 01:11 PM

It would be nice if the old dvinfo.net/conf redirected automagically to the new improved dvinfo.net/forum so I can remain blissfully lazy and not have to change my bookmarks on every last unsynced device in my iOS world.

Barry

Michael C. Ray March 20th, 2014 07:34 PM

When I try to access my account I end up in some other account / Josh Ray which is not me ....

Brian Drysdale May 7th, 2014 02:01 AM

Can't get onto DVInf forum home page

Sorry, this seems to be the nearest I can get to the home page. I'm just getting what looks like HTML when I attempt to open the forum's home page, quickly followed by "page not found". I don't know if it's just me or a more general issue. It's been like this for the last couple of days.

Brian Drysdale May 7th, 2014 02:42 AM

Re: Can't get onto DVInf forum home page

Seems to be a Firefox thing, since I've got on with I.E.

Trond Saetre May 7th, 2014 03:21 AM

Happend to me a few times yesterday evening. (Was using an android phone).
When trying to access the home page of the forum, all I got was a bunch of code lines.

Today all is good again.

Jim Michael May 7th, 2014 04:29 AM

If the problem persists clear your cache and cookies since something was being retained from the prior episode.

Brian Drysdale May 7th, 2014 05:08 AM

Thanks, clearing the cache and cookies has sorted it.

Jeff Harper May 13th, 2014 01:19 PM

Chris, for some reason my classifieds post http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/private-...b-sd-card.html
shows it's images as links rather than thumbnails. Is there a way for me to fix this? The edit time limit has passed.

Thanks, Jeff