Classifieds access? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old November 27th, 2008, 05:16 AM   #1
Major Player

Classifieds access?

Not sure why you have to be logged in to view as a lot of the time I browse the forums without first logging in and miss this section, and I suppose others might miss this as well.

James
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2008, 12:44 PM   #2
Wrangler

It is because the PRIVATE CLASSIFIED section is an extra-value service ONLY for active members in good standing, not everyone (scammer or not) who browses by the site, or joins just to plug their eBay listings, etc., all of which we have had problems with in the past.

Based on similar queries and Chris' responses in the past, I don't anticipate a change. DVinfo is about info, and the classified section is just a courtesy bonus feature rather than a core part of what DVinfo does. You got your plug in here paired with your question, but normally NO sales posts outside the Private Classified section are allowed. Best luck with your ad, and Happy US Thanksgiving!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Also, we don't allow ad-plugging in the camera fora. These fora are for technical and creative Q&A only.

Expect this thread to disappear soon...

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2008, 01:08 PM   #4
Major Player

Thanks Pete, I understand.
It's a shame its set that way, all to stop people abusing the system. If only there was a better way to sell on this site as I would pay for gladly pay for the advert.

I can't remember the roots of this web site but it was in the days of just the XL1 Watchdog. It sure has grown some roots now. Bandwidth gets a little tight this time of night but its worth the wait.

Memories: (The Wayback Machine)
d v i n f o . n e t -- Digital Video Information Network

KR, James
James Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #5
Regular Crew

How many posts do you have to make before you can view the private classified section?
Tim Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 07:48 AM   #6
Obstreperous Rex

Posts aren't required -- you can have zero posts and get access to Classifieds.

It comes with time; new accounts are automatically updated to Classifieds access at the 60-day mark.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2009, 08:19 AM   #7
Regular Crew

Ah ok, thanks Chris
Tim Davison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Where is the Classified Section?

Where do I locate the Classified section?
Mark Boyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 20th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Inner Circle

Um, did you even read any of the posts above yours?
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 02:30 PM   #10
New Boot

I hate to rehash this, but...

Chris,
... is there anyway to "view" the classifieds earlier, or is 60 days the end all, be all? I understand not wanting people to use this fora for spam or e-bay without truly being a part of it, but it seems like it would be benefitial for someone such as myself, just looking for good deals to get the ball rolling on the removal of that whole "newbie" label. I was just curious if it was possible to block us new people from posting in that thread, but still allowing us to view it, without blocking us from the whole forum? I understand if it isn't, and also understand that 60 days isn't all that long. I guess it is possible for non-regulars to use the benefits of browsing classifieds without using the forum as well, so maybe I am answering my own question and am just stupid. lol. I just got the bug and am looking for all the help I can. In the end, I respect any rules that are in place, but figured I'd ask in case it might be a possible and realistic request for future review. Thanks for your time sir.

Justin

Last edited by Justin Thieda; May 18th, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
Justin Thieda is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements