"Please update your location" button? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old January 17th, 2009, 11:43 PM   #1
Inner Circle

"Please update your location" button?

Try two at this, as had initial go kyboshed by frisky feline!

Doesn't take long for the wolves to start howling around the door, eh, Chris?

OK, is there any way Jeff can incorporate a "please update" auto button on the "post" page, to insert a diplomatic "pased by the management" (and we all know what that means....)

"please will you update your location details, click on etc etc etc"

message into a post?

I can't see any other way to get rid of this pest otherwise.

I do try, but depending on wind direction, state of awake/ sleep, amount of various uppers/ downers/ accelerants and phase of the moon, it can sometimes come across as less than, ahem, diplomatic.

As an invaluable aid in this, it would be really usefull if posters locations were, indeed, actually displayed on the "post" page, for those of us with memory spans similar to the common or garden gnat (and we all know what brings that on, don't we, boys and girls?).

As I'm sure that Jeff is, in this post celebration lull, sitting around with his feet up, flicking through Playboy, doing his nails and surfing "Barbie for Boys" web sites, I have every confidence it'll be done by lunch time!

CS

PS: I won't mention regional codes, J might have a siezure.

PPS: It would be kinda cute if the post heading field length sorta matched the displayed post heading field length, without the random truncation too, if J's got a spare 5 minutes.

Last edited by Chris Soucy; January 17th, 2009 at 11:52 PM. Reason: Sudden flash of inspiration!
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements