what happened to RED Digital Cinema? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Closed Thread

Old March 13th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Trustee

what happened to RED Digital Cinema?

I just tried to go in, and it goes to Reduser.net. Did I miss a decision to kill the forum section here?
Old March 13th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #2
Obstreperous Rex

We've never been able to attract any real "how to use" traffic for RED like we have with our other camera boards (check out our JVC ProHD and Sony XDCAM EX boards to see DV Info Net at its best). Our RED forum hasn't been much of anything recently but a bunch of links to Reduser.net discussions, and since all of those "how to use" discussions are located at Reduser.net, that means the single best way to serve our reader's interest in RED is to simply point them there to begin with.

The only thing that's changed is that instead of a bunch of threads with reduser.net re-directs, the forum link itself now does that.

Reduser.net is a real-names community; it's expertly moderated, and nothing else on the web comes close to providing the wealth of information they have there. I read it on pretty much a daily basis, and I wouldn't point our top-level forum re-direct to it if I didn't believe in it strongly... hope this helps,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Closed Thread

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements