Welcome to our new Sponsors -- B&H and EVS at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old September 23rd, 2003, 08:57 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Welcome to our new Sponsors -- B&H and EVS

Howdy from Texas,

I'm pleased to announce two new sponsors for DV Info Net.

The mighty B&H joins us as our official Sony DV equipment resource. This is something I've been looking forward to for awhile. We've needed an authorized Sony dealer on our side, and they don't happen any bigger than B&H. Whether you're looking for Sony gear or any other kind of equipment, please order online using this link, which identifies DV Info Net as the referrer. B&H monitors where their traffic is coming from, and we'd like them to know you found 'em through us.

Also, I'm proud to add Express Video Supply to our elite sponsors list. I've known the EVS staff personally for several years and am happy to vouch for these guys. Whether you're looking for a camcorder or just a few boxes of tape, they'll take good care of ya. Please let 'em know you found them at DV Info Net.

More info on our Sponsors page. Thanks for doing business with these outfits -- they keep us afloat!

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2003, 11:15 AM   #2
Trustee

Great news! Is there a possibility of special deals for the DVi community from BH once they see our referrals?
Imran Zaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 5th, 2003, 04:38 PM   #3
RED Code Chef

Thank you to both B&H and EVS for joining us!

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2003, 06:56 AM   #4
New Boot

Glad to see B&H on board. They seem to have one of if not the most exaustive photo supply inventories around. If you want it they seem to carry it and at a reasonalble price.

Have not had the pleasure of doing business with EVS but will be sure to check out thier site.

You cannot motivate the best people with money. Money is just a way to keep score The best people in any field are motivated by passion
--Eric S. Raymond
David James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:18 AM   #5
Tourist

Welcome to the new sponsors, from a new user. B&H, wow, nothing like having a GIANT sponsor, backing the cause.

I hope to use this forum for a ton of info.
Old December 10th, 2003, 04:01 PM   #6
sponsor: B&H Photo-Video

Thanks for all your kind words.
Old December 10th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #7
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Hooray! I just got a large, full-color catalogue from B&H in the mail yesterday. Goodbye paycheck.
Old January 8th, 2004, 03:10 PM   #8
MPS Digital Studios

My friend still gets annual catelogues from B&H, yet I spend way more money (he bought a small camera in 1998!!!!) and I get nothing! What gives?! :-)

heath
Old January 8th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #9
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

Perhaps your friend's family name happens to be Speilberg?

Give them a call.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2004, 08:36 PM   #10
Machinist Mate

Just did some price-checking on HTIB and B&H came in the winner...they aren't always the lowest (although usually close) but you wouldn't want to shop at some of the nightmare places that beat B&H prices. I always feel very safe buying from B&H, which I seem to do fairly frequently. :-)
Old February 22nd, 2004, 02:42 AM   #11
Major Player

Evs

I would like to give my personal vouch for EVS. I had never heard of them before coming to these boards. I heard heard of B&H and they were who I was web reaserching with(familiarizing myself with the gear involved in our chosen hobby/profession) and then I discoverd all the awsome things said about EVS and Rush(a fellow who works there) and I figured B&H was going to be getting along just fine regardless of my choices.
But what was most important to me was that after 1 year of research/planning and comming up with material(scenes and whatnot) I wanted my purchase in and of itself to be an awsome experience. I wanted the moment to feel right, with The Force flowing through me!
I went on their website(EVS) and got all the items and their pricing listed on paper, and wrote down the number to the Ca store, unhooked and went outside with my 2 1/2 year old son. We got in the old swimming pool, which has trees growing out of it and rainwater built up in the deep part(and theres still a diving board) and threw pebbles in the water with my son while rush and I worked out the order.
He always gives credit to Cory for the awsomeness of their business. But Rush does have very good skills and and is most human! I do believe he made my day with his super quality service and am very grateful for the soul he added to my overall experience. Am am well satisfied, both with him for the obvious, and with myself for having held out till what did indeed feel like the way it should'a been. Except that I wish I would've filmed it with my wifes hi8, as a document of moment.
Daniel Runyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 17th, 2004, 10:59 PM   #12
DVX User

I got 3 large catalogues from them about 4 years ago and live in Canada.. I dont know how because I never bought anything from them at that point, but I have never gotten anything since.

Maybe they just send catalogues to people that dont buy stuff :)
Jarred Land is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2004, 09:43 AM   #13
Machinist Mate

I love their catalogues, reading them is like an education in itself. Of course, if you ever visit NYC, the B&H store is a must-see. It's the eighth wonder of the photo-video-electronics world.
Old July 20th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #14
New Boot

Welcome B & H, EVS -

I already use B & H for most of my orders and keep a drool list on their site, not to mention the awesome catalogue. It's good to hear that EVS is a reputable company, because I still shop around for deals from reputable online dealers.

Richard Webb
Sweetwater Productions
Richard Huff Webb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2004, 04:04 PM   #15
Major Player

<<<-- Originally posted by Heath McKnight : My friend still gets annual catelogues from B&H, yet I spend way more money (he bought a small camera in 1998!!!!) and I get nothing! What gives?! :-)
heath -->>>

If you go to their web site
www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home
and scroll to the bottom of the page, on the left hand column, "B&H Catalogs" is there under the heading, "B&H Resources". When I signed up for a couple, they sent me two of each and no, I didn't sign up twice. Maybe I got yours!
Jack Barker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements