Hey Chris, A Question About DV Info Net Sponsors... at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old November 6th, 2003, 06:12 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Hey Chris, A Question About DV Info Net Sponsors...

I'm a fairly regular customer of B&H. A while back, I bookmarked a link you provided in the PD150 forum when they came on-board as a sponsor.

I just want to make sure that the community gets credit when I purchase a product or navigate to their site.

Is this the proper link? I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to make sure.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/?BI=155 (I did not make it a clickable link for ease of reading...)

Thanks!

-Phil

FCC Licensed Electronics Technician (GROL)
Amateur Radio - KC4UVU
Life Member of the PSHA - Pinnacle Studio Haters of America
Phil Reams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 06:45 AM   #2
Warden

Yes, that is the correct link. It identifies that you got to B & H's site via the DV Info site. B & H tracks this type of activity to see if there support of DV Info is justified. It is important therefore, that you use our custom link each time you go to B & H and not bookmark the generic B & H web address.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2003, 10:25 PM   #3
Regular Crew

The second way of making sure they know where you're coming from is to mention dvinfo.net when you do your ordering by phone. Thank them for supporting this forum, and as a sign of appreciation, you are pleased to do business with b&h. Great store. Never had a problem with them, nor a restless night worrying about the product they ship.
Marc Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 09:58 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Gee, I've never used that link and I have bought many items from B&H --- too bad I didn't know about this???

How does this "tracking" by B&H actually work? Do they just track how many hits they get or can they actually determine how much is spent and on how many items?

If it is just a matter of hits, I check there site a lot...

I will change my link (favorite) to this URL.

If it helps the forum, I'm all for it!

Ed
Ed Baatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 12th, 2004, 10:43 AM   #5
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for your kind remarks, Ed!

B&H tracks hits through that link, but not dollar amounts or anything like that. When they came to us looking to get on board, we told them that mouse clicks weren't really how we measure the response our sponsors get from the boards here. If you would like to help us out, just give B&H a call at your convenience and ask to speak to their marketing department. Tell 'em you "found it through DV Info Net." They will appreciate it, and so will we! Many thanks,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:11 AM   #6
Regular Crew

Chris,

I didn't know about the credit links either. I wonder how many do?

You might consider making that point at the top of the sponsors page, and also putting a link to the page (like in your signature) at the bottom of every forum page. This would make it very convenient to contact the sponsors, and DVI might get a lot more credit.
JM Underwood is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements