NAB Roll Call - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old April 18th, 2009, 11:37 AM   #31
Wrangler

I called over to Birns not long ago to buy something and asked for you, Jim--the response was tight-lipped enough for me to read between the lines. Sorry to hear that. Hope you get sorted out soon.
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:05 PM   #32
Major Player

Thanks for your thoughts.....Pete, of course, is still there so he can help you..

...Jim
Jim Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 07:10 PM   #33
Regular Crew

This is my first NAB. I'll be at booth SL7615 (CPC) most of the time. Just got it set up today. :)
Jason Livingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:06 PM   #34
Major Player

working during this great event

Oh well got booked to film two shows and a commercial but i am that I am busy . Will really miss not being there this year

Doug
Doug Tessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #35
Major Player

Looking at attending maybe a little NAB time on Tuesday but, most likely, I'll first show up at the FCPUG meeting Tuesday night. See you guys there! =)
Zack Birlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #36
Regular Crew

HELP! Buying Tripoid directly at NAB possible?

Hi together,

for us it's the first time that we'll visit the NAB show and we are exited to see this, but sadly they had open our car twice this week and had stolen our tripod which we need for a shooting on Tuesday morning. So my question:

Will it be possible to buy a tripod (smaller size for EX1) on the first day of the NAB show or is this just a show without any direct selling of products. Is there an other chance to buy such a tripod in Vegas (like Manfrotto HDV or similar), I don't like to drive to L.A. to buy one. lol

Thanks for your help and have fun at the NAB!

Swen
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:32 PM   #37
Regular Crew

Well I am going to be there this year for something like the 14th time. I don't think I have missed an NAB since 1994. This year should hold some interesting developments in the Digital Cinema space. I am ready and will be there on Tuesday. Business has been so bad this year I didn't think I would be able to go but rooms are really cheap this year so that has helped a lot.
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #38
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swen Goebbels View Post
Hi together,

for us it's the first time that we'll visit the NAB show and we are exited to see this, but sadly they had open our car twice this week and had stolen our tripod which we need for a shooting on Tuesday morning. So my question:

Will it be possible to buy a tripod (smaller size for EX1) on the first day of the NAB show or is this just a show without any direct selling of products. Is there an other chance to buy such a tripod in Vegas (like Manfrotto HDV or similar), I don't like to drive to L.A. to buy one. lol

Thanks for your help and have fun at the NAB!

Swen
Swen,

The larger manufacturers don't really sell merchandise from the show floor. But a long standing tradition if you hang around for the final day (Thursday) is to feel free to make any of the exhibitors an offer on their show floor stock. Sometimes they aren't set up for sales - but I've had luck in previous years reminding whoever's in charge of the booth that if they sell me something, they won't have to pay to ship it back to the office.

I have a few Matthews stands I bought that way years ago.

I *believe* that some of the retail outfits have booths where they sell show specials.

But I might be thinking of other smaller shows and EXPOs where sales are normal.

Check out the map as soon as you arrive and look for Retail sounding names like 5th Ave camera, etc.

Good luck.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:51 AM   #39
Obstreperous Rex

We'll try for 8:30am this morning at Banners (the restaurant inside the LVCC between North & Central Halls)... check the round area up at the front, come on up and say hello. If it ain't us, you might make new friends anyway. Will repeat tomorrow.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #40
Regular Crew

Bill,

thank you very much for your answer... so I think I'll give it a try to buy a tripod on NAB. That'll be a new kind of "gambling" in Vegas for me. :-)

Best wishes,
Swen
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Are prices much better at NAB? Like on the Brevis 35 MP.2 Imaging Bundle? It lists for 995.40 on the website. Also looking for a tripod and head.

Considering flying over in the morning to check it out. But if the prices aren't better it doesn't make sense.

How much is it to get in?
Tom Sherwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 09:16 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Tom,

today I was at the NAB and did order my new tripod by phone at B&H Photo with express delivery and used their NAB promotion code they will give to all NAB visitors.

Not all prices are better, but in their cataloge for example they had a few sites of special NAB offers. So the prices are cheaper than normaly, when you chose one of these products. I've also seen some nice specials from other companies, too.
Swen Goebbels is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements