New April `09 Site Design - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old April 26th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Thanks Pete,

My excuse is that I've just driven 17 hours straight back from SW France and therefore my powers of observation aren't quite what they should be....

I think Sherlock Holmes and Columbo can rest easy in their beds, knowing I won't be replacing them anytime soon!
Old April 26th, 2009, 07:22 PM   #17
Wrangler

Perfectly understandable. When I lived on that side of The Pond, driving across France always managed to leave me worse for wear in one manner or another.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #18
Regular Crew

New Design

Very nice indeed. Maybe I am imagining it but the few impressions I got is that the the new site loads up quicker and feels somewhat smoother to the eyes.

Well done! Thank you.

Param
Old April 27th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #19
Regular Crew

The site re-vamp looks really great. Thanks to Chris and all the guys that contribute so much here. This is an incredible resource, and now it more "looks the part." Congrats!
(I don't think sponsors and advertisers will mind if they have to pony up a few extra bucks, either; I hope I'm on the list when subscriptions are offered) good idea, Chris.
Hayes Roberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #20
Major Player

I'm actually going the other way on this one...

While I am FULLY AWARE of the work that goes into this site, and MORE THAN THANKFUL to the guys that run it, I think this re-vamp detracts from the sense of community I felt when coming to the site.

It looks so commercial, I actually checked the address bar of my browser to see if i'd been redirected to a parasite web page...

But, people seem to like it, so more power to ya! ;) It's not like I'd leave over it! Just my personal opinion (and we know about those, right?)

ETA - I didn't realize i hadn't actually posted on this forum yet!! I've been reading this forum for a couple of months now, I have no idea how I managed to make my first post in this thread!

Last edited by Bryan Cantwell; April 30th, 2009 at 08:41 PM. Reason: Irony...
Bryan Cantwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2009, 10:39 PM   #21
Regular Crew

It's a very well crafted redesign. It looks good, but has not sacrificed functionality and the user experience for cuteness.

The ad placement is reasonable, yet effective.

Contrast this with some of the competition with nearly unreadable text, truly obnoxious ads, and arcane organization.

I think the 'Real Names' approach is useful in keeping the S/N ratio high, too.

Well done.

-Mike
Mike Demmers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:06 AM   #22
Trustee

The title banner does not stretch across the full width of the page. Looks a bit "off" to my eyes. Functionality is good though.

Richard
Richard Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2009, 06:45 AM   #23
Obstreperous Rex

We kept the header the same fixed width as the article pages (for example see NAB2009 Stabilizer Wrap-Up DV Info Net), which was a bit of a design trade-off. Nothing is permanent though... it's all changeable.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements