Still have problems with New Posts at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old June 27th, 2005, 01:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Still have problems with New Posts

I comment some weeks ago about how quickly the New Post search results time out so that after an hour or so, when you try to go to the next page it isn't there. That got resolved mostly, the timeout is longer, but I'm not sure why there is a timeout at all.

I have a different (related?) problem to report today. If I visit any forum (not a search, just go directly to it from the home page), then go to New Posts, it only shows me the posts that came in after I went to the forum. So instead of the dozens of posts that should be listed since the last time I got new posts, I get just a handful.

Maybe New Posts shouldn't try to too smart and try to figure out when I last visited. I'm perfectly happy to specify "in the last XX hours or YY days" when I want to get the new posts. In fact that would allow me to repeat a new posts search at any time.

Mike.
Old June 28th, 2005, 07:41 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Hey Chris,

I need some information. I'll be reading new posts, and there may be two or three pages of them, and then I hit new posts again and there are only two or three period! How are they refreashed? Is it on a time basis, hours or minutes or what. All of a sudden I lose all the newer posts.

The funny part is that if a go back a number of pages, I can get back to the new posts that I have not seen, but I just have to be carefull not to move forward. I know it can't be done on an individual basis, but maybe a moving time threashold for new posts? How is it done anyway?

Thanks for everything Chris!

Mike
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 09:39 AM   #3
Obstreperous Rex

Sorry about the delay on this, guys, but I'm aware of the problem and we're trying to get it resolved. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 05:19 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Wow, it seems worse than ever today. I got New Posts (several pages returned), perused them for a few minutes, quit my browser for about 15 minutes, relaunched my browser, came back for new posts again and the only ones it found were 7 new posts that come in the last 15 minutes.

Any chance this will be fixed soon?

Mike.
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:35 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I am pretty new to this site, so far I've just looked on it for small bits of info here and there but now I am looking to post questions of my own. How in the world do I do this???? I have looked through everything to list a question please help.
Jesse Parsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 06:49 PM   #6
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse Parsh
I am pretty new to this site, so far I've just looked on it for small bits of info here and there but now I am looking to post questions of my own. How in the world do I do this???? I have looked through everything to list a question please help.
Hi Jesse,

Welcome. REGISTER FIRST, LOG IN, CLICK on the post you want to respond to and then CLICK the REPLY box at the bottom left of the post. If you want that person's post to be included in your response (as I did here), just click the QUOTE box at the bottom right of the post. You will automatically be routed to REPLY TO THREAD! Write your reply and then just hit the SUBMIT REPLY. Yeah!!!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Steph
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:06 PM   #7
Major Player

Hi AGAIN Jesse,

I just reread your post and realized I didn't really answer your question. Duh.... You obviously know how to REPLY to a post or you couldn't have posted your original question. Man, I'm alittle bit worried about me now.....

To post to a forum WITHOUT responding to a previous post, just look for the REPLY TO THREAD button on the left side of the screen which is directly opposite the # OF PAGES list on the right.

Now you should be good to go? I hope.

Steph
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:16 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hanlon
Wow, it seems worse than ever today. I got New Posts (several pages returned), perused them for a few minutes, quit my browser for about 15 minutes, relaunched my browser, came back for new posts again and the only ones it found were 7 new posts that come in the last 15 minutes.

Any chance this will be fixed soon?

Mike.

Everyone,

I find the only way to get around this issue (after I do a reply) is to log out, go back to the home page and then hit new posts again. Mark are you logging out of DVinfo before quitting your browser and then relaunching? If not, you'll just have a recurrance of the problem when you relaunch.

Hope this helps,

Steph
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #9
Wrangler

Actually I believe Jesse wants to know how to start a completely new thread of his own (please correct me if I'm wrong). In order to do this you need to be at the forum level and not inside a thread (as you now are if you're reading this :-)

So, for example, you could click on the DVinfo logo at the top left of the page, then choose a forum by clicking on it. Once inside the forum, don't click on any existing thread. Instead, click on the button at the top left New Thread. Type in a subject and that will become the title of the thread after you finish entering your question.
Boyd Ostroff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 07:27 PM   #10
Major Player

So right Boyd,

I just posted a second reply admitting to my stupidity.

Thanks for clearing that up for a new member.

Steph
Stephanie Wilson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements