Annoying Flyovers - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old August 8th, 2005, 10:33 PM   #16
Major Player

I gotta put in a vote for the flyovers--very, very useful. I log on, and see a whole bunch of new threads (or I'm browsing, and find a bunch of old ones) that I've never read. I just let my cursor rest on the title for a moment, and I see if the topic is something I'm interested in. If not, I leave it be, instead of constantly going in and out of different discussions. This is especially useful for threads with nebulous titles.

As far as only previewing the first post in a thread, well, if you really WANT to see the later posts, then chances are you're already interested enough in the thread to click into it right away, without hesitation. Once you're in the thread, you don't see the things, so they're not such a bother.

Now, I was annoyed a touch at first by the things popping up right in my line of sight while trying to read a thread's title, but I've found it to be a fairly easy adjustment to just give my mouse a little nudge when necessary, to keep the cursor and subsequent flyovers out of the way. Not to mention, most titles are already short enough to be read at a glance.

That's just me, though, and I wouldn't complain about their removal, if that's what most people want. I'm easy like that. :)
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2005, 08:32 AM   #17

I vote to remove them. They're like an annoying gnat buzzing around.

Jay
Jay Gladwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 04:12 AM   #18
Major Player

Sorry to chime in so late but I've been away for a while. I will say that they are one of the reasons I left for a while (well, that and traveling). I hate them, they are constantly in the way.
Rhett Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:32 AM   #19
Wrangler

So I guess the verdict is they're not a user-configurable option? I have sort of a love-hate relationship with them as well. They usually don't stay up long enough to be completely useful.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 24th, 2005, 09:49 AM   #20
Regular Crew

I seem to use them everytime I am going to check out a new post. Allows me to know if it is relevant to what I am searching for or if I can help answer someones' question.

But I can see other members' points about it. And if they do go, it's not going to matter too much. Just click the post and check it out. Not what you are looking for, just use the good old back button.
http://pages.infinit.net/cybrmonk/
Montreal, Quebec
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sean Hansen is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements