Server downtime this morning... resolved, obviously at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old May 6th, 2014, 10:44 AM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

Server downtime this morning... resolved, obviously

Short story: the site was borked for a couple of hours but now we're back in business. Apologies for the hassle.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:07 AM   #2
Regular Crew

Re: Server downtime this morning... resolved, obviously

I don't seem to be able to access the main page of the forum. It pops up with "page not found." and the address bar shows http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/.%20$uredir%20.

Just in case there's still an issue somewhere. M.
Michael Bradshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 11:48 AM   #3
Sponsor: JET DV

On one machine, I'm seeing that on many direct links. Digital Video News, Reviews and Forums at DVInfo.net works but as soon as I click on "Forum" I get that /. $uredir . added as well.

I tried a link direct to the "NewBlue" forum and it worked. I then clickde on the "Cross-Patform Post Production Solutions link and that worked as well. I then clicked on the DV Info Net link and got the strange addition again.

I tried exiting and restarting the browser but that made no difference.

This machine appears to be working fine. However, I typically never access dvinfo from this machine so, obviously, nothing would be cached here. The main machine I use is not working correctly at this time.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 12:12 PM   #4
Major Player

I couldn't get in using latest Firefox, but can get in using latest Internet Explorer.

Just tried FireFox again. When I refresh the tab, now I can access the home page. But I still can't access the forum pages, they still appear blank with /.$uredir added in the address bar. Refreshing the tab in FireFox doesn't work nor does editing out the extra characters in the address bar.

But at least I can get on using IE.

Also can get in using my tablet having an older version of Android. Just no FireFox.

Last edited by Roger Van Duyn; May 6th, 2014 at 12:55 PM. Reason: new observations.
Roger Van Duyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:02 PM   #5
Major Player

I'm on a windows 8.1 machine. Current Firefox 28.0 can't read the forums. It gives me a page of malformed HTML, followed immediately by a switch to "http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/.%20$uredir%20." and a "Page not found" error. Firefox can get to and read the home page, but not the forum page. Been like this for at least 5 hours.

On the same machine, Safari can read the forums just fine (what I'm posting this with). Odd, that.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:10 PM   #6
Wrangler

Same prob on my iPad Air, but not iPhone or Win 7 laptop. Must be some sort of caching issue but even a reboot of the IPad won't clear it.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:15 PM   #7
Obstreperous Rex

Pretty sure it is a cache thing. Chrome wasn't working for me earlier, but now it is.

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:16 PM   #8
Major Player

I thought I was on latest FireFox, but it was 28.0 However, after updating to FireFox 29.0, still same problem.

OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bit, fully updated

Okay, cleared the cache. Forums are now working with FireFox again on my main PC.

Last edited by Roger Van Duyn; May 6th, 2014 at 01:43 PM. Reason: new comment
Roger Van Duyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #9
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Van Duyn View Post
I thought I was on latest FireFox, but it was 28.0 However, after updating to FireFox 29.0, still same problem.

OS is Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bit, fully updated

Okay, cleared the cache. Forums are now working with FireFox again on my main PC.
Yes. Me also. Updated to 29.0 with same results, cleared cache and suddenly all is well again. Probably a cached script? Who knows? I'm just glad it's back with a minimum of drama.
Bruce Watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 02:09 PM   #10
Wrangler

IPad prob resolved by going into Settings > Safari and clearing the cache, history and cookies. Not sure which of the three was the magic bullet.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2014, 10:45 PM   #11
Inner Circle

Hi Chris

I can go everywhere except the main Weddings and Events Forum ...I can even access the members only bit but not Weddings and Events.. Any ideas?? Main forum page is all good and all accessible.

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 07:49 AM   #12
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harding View Post
Any ideas??
I was unable to come here for two days. Then, on another forum, someone suggested clearing the browser cache. So I did and, as you can see, I am here now. I did not have to delete my cookies, my browser history, just the cache. I suggest you try the same.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:05 AM   #13
Inner Circle

Hey Adam

That's the first thing I did. Now I have another issue. The main forum comes up fine but I have to click on the thread two or three times ..the first two tries it just reverts back to the main page after a second but if you persist it eventually lets you in and you can post! On IE 10 you used to be able to hit F12 and click "Clear Browser Cache" but it's gone on IE 11

I can still navigate all or most topics except weddings and Events main title ..I can click and view the latest thread but the main wedding page just comes up with a page of code and then a "bad link" report from Google.

I'm mystified!! The browser header shows "http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/wedding-event-videography-techniques/.%20$uredir%20." and then "The link appears to be broken" message

Chris
Chris Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 08:38 AM   #14
Sponsor: JET DV

I solved my problem by clearing history. Once that was done, I can now access everything again.
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #15
Trustee

That is strange, Chris. I never go to the Weddings / Events section of the forum. But I have just checked and was able to get there. I know that does not help you, unfortunately. I would still try to clear my cache again and see if, perhaps, this time it works.
Adam Stanislav is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements