DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   DV Info Net Announcements (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/)
-   -   Gary Nattress (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dv-info-net-announcements/539393-gary-nattress.html)

Paul R Johnson April 23rd, 2024 04:49 AM

Gary Nattress

Just a short note to say our member Gary Nattress, and old friend of mine, died yesterday from a heart attack! Not expected and rather sad.

Dave Baker April 23rd, 2024 06:11 AM

Re: Gary Nattress

Sad news indeed Paul.

Dave Farrants April 23rd, 2024 07:17 AM

Very sad, had a few dealings with Gary over the years, a true professional and very knowledgeable especially in the audio field.

Anthony McErlean April 25th, 2024 05:09 AM

So sorry to hear this sad news.

Andrew Smith April 25th, 2024 11:36 PM

Hard to know what to say. It's always a real bummer. Didn't really know him as such, but I always liked his "more than 15 minutes experience" line at the bottom of his posts.

Andrew

Paul R Johnson April 28th, 2024 12:03 PM

Gary sort of flipped between work in broadcast and had a canal boat. If he moved from media city in Salford to working in London, he just floated the boat down, and then if he changed again, floated it back. He got me a nice consultancy job in Ethiopia through a friend. Just said how do you fancy this .........

Too many friends get to retiring age and before they get a chance to have some fun, pass away. It has happened twice to my friends now. Bummer!

Andrew Smith April 29th, 2024 03:40 AM

Quote:

Too many friends get to retiring age and before they get a chance to have some fun, pass away. It has happened twice to my friends now. Bummer!
Interesting observation you have there. It's like a curse that one is 'at the wheel' for your life and constantly under the pump, and when it comes to relaxing and enjoying life the ability to finally do so is snatched away. It's quite a pattern.

Andrew

Boyd Ostroff April 29th, 2024 01:44 PM

Sad news.

I saw plenty of people "die with their boots on" and decided to retire at age 62. Family and friends never thought I would do it, they were convinced I was a workaholic. And that's why I did it. If I'd continued in my demanding job, I would have died years ago. Instead, I'll be 75 this summer and have loved every minute of retirement!

Take care everyone....

Paul R Johnson April 30th, 2024 12:51 AM

My old college declined due to the management. Out of 6 lecturers, 5 of us left within one year, and we are all still about 20 years on. Bar Paddy. A great folk musician, played everything including celtic pipes of all kinds, and he smoked a pipe too and wore a paul carrick style hat. A single fella, he put every bit of his spare cash into his pension. He stuck with the college and hated every day. He planned to go to far away lands and photograph birds, his hobby apart from music. He had it all planned, and died the month before he was due to retire. No family. What a waste. Friends with Wakeman, the Enos and many other greats. So sad.