The DV Info Net Christmas Present at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old December 25th, 2002, 12:26 PM   #1
Obstreperous Rex

The DV Info Net Christmas Present

Rarely do I get the chance to thoroughly embarass one of our volunteer forum moderators in public, so I'm not about to pass up this opportunity.

One year ago today, Ken Tanaka signed on. The DV Info Net Community hasn't been the same since. Ken has provided input here over 1,550 times in the space of one year, and all of it has been excellent, well-thought even-handed advice delivered in a polite, professional manner that sets the standard for the rest of us to follow. I still can't believe how fortunate we all are to have this man with us on a daily basis, and since he registered on 25 Dec. 2001, I've always thought of Mr. Tanaka as the Community's "Christmas present." It wouldn't be the same without him.

So, hats off to you, Ken, and while I'm at it, hats off to all of our volunteer forum moderators. Without the dedication you all provide, this would be a lonely place. Thanks to you guys, we're thriving!

Happy Holidays... and just wait until 2003. Cheers,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 09:52 PM   #2
Wrangler

Thanks Ken and thanks Chris & Co. for providing us all such a great forum for exchange.

Merry Christmas to all--and to all a good night, because I'm really tired and I'm going to bed. (I was finishing editing together my dad's childhood home movies 1935-1962 all last night to give to him as a Christmas present. The completed film was an hour and twenty minutes and it was a big success for after Christmas dinner entertainment. All the old folks loved seeing themselves young again.)

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | The best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Robert Knecht Schmidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2002, 11:19 PM   #3
Retired DV Info Net Almunus

"...And what to my wondering eyes did appear
but a post from Chris Hurd
that nearly made my eyes tear."

Geez, after spending the day eating myself into a stuporific state with my family this really flabbergasted me. Blushing thanks for such glowing remarks, Chris. But I'm the one that owes a debt of gratitude and thanks to Chris, my fellow moderators and community members. This is a special place, not just in the DV world, but on the Internet. Here, information is shared thoughtfully. Debates are conducted with mutual respect and civility (or else <g>). Hardships are felt around the world. A climate of comradeship and mutual support has become the carrier signal that undertones DVInfo. That's a rarity for a place open to the public on the Net.

So it is I who am grateful to Chris for establishing DVInfo and for offering me the chance to help in a small way to contribute to the community's ongoing value and success.

Thank you all.

Hey, you don't have enough stuff!
Buy with confidence from our sponsors. Hand-picked as the best in the business...Really!

See some of my work one frame at a time: www.KenTanaka.com
Ken Tanaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2002, 08:29 PM   #4
RED Code Chef

Not much to add to this all other than that we all love this place.
Thanks also to all the other people who write and read that make
this place as great as it is!

Thanks

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements