Local Gang Wars - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:51 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Thanks for that feedback, Travis -- and your offer as well -- and actually we are going to be adding to our moderator staff here shortly, so I'll definitely keep ya in mind. Much appreciated,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 09:53 AM   #17
Major Player

I think the original post on this thread makes a good point that I talk about a lot with my local video friends -- content is the most important. Equipment has it's place, but content is the real key. If someone shot something on a consumer variety VHS-C but the story was gripping, we'd watch it.

Just a fun suggestion: maybe we could have a 'low-grade' production contest using 20-year old consumer junk cameras under $20 off of ebay just to prove the point. Anything for sale on BH is illegal to use... that'd be pretty fun.
Philip Gioja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 10:02 AM   #18
Obstreperous Rex

Great concept, Philip! We might have to try that one.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 01:55 PM   #19
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philip Gioja
I think the original post on this thread makes a good point that I talk about a lot with my local video friends -- content is the most important. Equipment has it's place, but content is the real key. If someone shot something on a consumer variety VHS-C but the story was gripping, we'd watch it.

Just a fun suggestion: maybe we could have a 'low-grade' production contest using 20-year old consumer junk cameras under $20 off of ebay just to prove the point. Anything for sale on BH is illegal to use... that'd be pretty fun.
I've got an old full size consumer VHS camera in almost mint condition that I bought for like $10 or something like that awhile back, and it works surprisingly well. I was going to give it to one of my kids, but the battery died and I don't know that a replacement is really worth it. I've thought of using it as a webcam though powered by a/c (would be killer for that).
Robert M Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:05 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M Wright
I've thought of using it as a webcam though powered by a/c (would be killer for that).
Wouldn't it have to be capable of outputting a digital signal to your computer for that to work?
Jack Barker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2006, 02:11 PM   #21
Obstreperous Rex

Well Jack, we are drifting way off the original topic of this thread, but all you need to get this into a computer is an analog video capture card.

Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:53 PM   #22
Trustee

Chris,

I haven't been around here for a little while, so it looks like I missed the mudslinging and other unsavory happenings. It's sad to hear those things have been occurring at this forum. If you need any help moderating, please feel free to ask me. I'm not sure I would be able to devote much time to it, but I'd like to contribute what I can. The last thing I want to see is this place deteriorating to anything like the level of the other discussion boards on the Internet. The environment you have worked to create here is great, and I want to see it stay that way.
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements