Site auto log out..... - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

DV Info Net Announcements
Important news relating to the DV Info Net site and these message boards.

Old February 23rd, 2007, 11:39 AM   #16
Obstreperous Rex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Butler
I would also consider firing up the Paid Subscriptions options. Seriously. I'd drop 10 bucks a month into a recurring system to support the forum.
I've thought about offering that as an option only (I've seen mandatory paid subs go both ways; they can either kill a forum or make it successful). With an option though, there would have to be some kind of value added for that which goes beyond just having the banner ads turned off. But I'm not sure just what that would be yet.

The software is 3.5 currently. We're about to switch servers, and once that's done, then we'll upgrade to the most recent version of 3.6 and get to work on these issues. I've been reluctant to mess with it until we've migrated to our new host. Stay tuned for that,

Search DV Info Net | 20 years of DVi | ...Tuesday is Soylent Green Day!
Chris Hurd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:00 PM   #17
Major Player

Will someone please take my money!? ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
With an option though, there would have to be some kind of value added for that which goes beyond just having the banner ads turned off. But I'm not sure just what that would be yet.
I hear you, but I sorta disagree. Make it totally optional. One thing you could do it create a series of private forums or one, and literally make the subscription give you access to that forum -- but the other option is just to give us way to chip it - that's it. No bonus, no requirement - just a "Hey, here's 5 or 10 bucks a month." Even "Hey - here's $1 a month" - really - that's it.

Perhaps see where the "Tip Jar" gets you and build on it from there. If you want more, add a subscription based forum, where all you Guru's go FIRST... ;=) Either way, I'm in for a couple bucks a month...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Hurd
I've been reluctant to mess with it until we've migrated to our new host. Stay tuned for that,
Roger that!

Jeff
Old February 23rd, 2007, 12:03 PM   #18
Major Player

Hey guys, I moderate a forum that has >380,000 members.

An option for a paid membership subscription with benefits is definitely the way to go. You don't want to close the door to regular members who may not want the paid membership, and all that it includes.

Our paid membership offers a "For Sale/Classifieds" area, and a private chat area as well. Other power buy deals as well.

This forum is great! I look forward to seeing it grow.

Mike

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > The DV Info Network > DV Info Net Announcements