Meating Melody--Kevin Randolph! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 25th, 2007, 05:03 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Meating Melody--Kevin Randolph!

Looked for about an hour for a feedback thread for this entry and found none, so I started this one. I like the acting and plot in this movie. Good job Kevin!

Mike
Old August 25th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #2
Major Player

Good camera angles. "Is this part of the audition?" That was great. Well written and well acted. I would have liked the lighting to be a little more dramatic, but that's just because I'm trying to think of some suggestion to make. This was very good.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 10:59 AM   #3
Wrangler

I despise horror flicks and anything that deals with murder or other aberrant behavior. However…this movie was really well done. Such professional lighting, shooting, editing—pacing was great. Perfect ending, too. Excellent movie-making here.
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:20 PM   #4
Trustee

I'm not a horror fan either, but pretty much everything was done right in your film. Your actress projected just the right aura of bewilderment, fear, and then terror.

Lighting worked for the mood,

Very well done, and I enjoyed watching it despite my not liking the genre. Your skills overcame that prejudice for me.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2007, 06:51 PM   #5
Trustee

I liked this one alot. I think you did a great job with the lighting - it was perfect for a horror movie - enough properly lit angles to see your subject very well, while also casting alot of shadows in the right places. Very well done.

The music was also a top notch piece for your movie. It worked really well, all the way from the very beginning when it was running underneath a very well done and clever opening title sequence.

The only nagging thing that occured to me was at around the 1 minute mark - it seemed it would have been more natural for the character to have a significantly more escalated sense of fear by that time - which it seemed she never really developed until the machete was brandished.

But then again, you were likely trying to present the fact that the character was dumber than a box of hair, and despite having been hit, blacked out, and tied up for a length of time, she never even developed the slightest hint that she was in danger. If that is the case, than all is well and I think your production really was top notch.

Also, your actress did really well. She had some great lines and her scream at the end was very well done.

Great job.

-Jon
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:00 PM   #6
Trustee

Meaty Role, lol.... I enjoyed this. I just thought the actress would be a little smarter or concerned quicker. The shots were good and the mood was nice and eeerrrrieeee.
Old August 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Excellent concept. Production was very good. I liked the creating of the ad at the end.
Bruce Broussard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #8
Contributor

Compliments to your actress! I like this type of dead-pan (no pun intended) humor. It is a funny jibe at want-to-be actors and actress'. Nicely shot too.

I thought the one-liner ending didn't really fit with the quality of the character development, and the acting. I'm sure if you had more time you could come up with with an ending with more depth. For a quick DV challenge it was just right though.

Nice job!

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!