DVC 10 - "Unwelcome Resident" - Bruce Foreman - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 30th, 2007, 05:43 PM   #16
Contributor

Hi Bruce,

I liked the Shakespeare homage at the end of the credits.

Nice work,

I like any horror film that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Frankenstein meets XL1
Daniel Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:55 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Foreman View Post

Yes, they are real folks, as a matter of fact I'm joining them tomorrow night. The director at Fort Concho is having them do an investigation in the restored Officers Quarters #1 where some "sightings" have supposedly been reported. I wanted to do some cast and crew comments and interviews for a "bonus feature" to go on the DVD I'll be giving them in return for their help and if the "nightshot" mode on one of my older cameras will co-operate I will film some of their activities in the dark.
Let us know what happens. Hopefully you will get to see or hear a ghost. I think it is fascinating that the young lady has been seeing and talking to them since a very young age.
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #18
Trustee

great concept, i liked the bones too :-) "them bones ahhhhh".
Old October 30th, 2007, 10:10 PM   #19
Major Player

I think the little girl's acting was convincing while the guys obviously have the scripted feel to their talk (you know, the chemistry thing). Guess you can emphasize her talent in future productions.

Cheers
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:11 PM   #20
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradley L Marlow View Post
Let us know what happens. Hopefully you will get to see or hear a ghost. I think it is fascinating that the young lady has been seeing and talking to them since a very young age.
Very interesting evening. Fort Concho officers quarters #1, frequent reports of sightings through the years of ghost of young girl playing. Rocking chair rocking with no one visible.

13 year old Edith Grierson, daughter of Col Grierson commander of the 10th Cavalry at Fort Concho, died of Typhoid in 1879. So that's who this team was looking for. Col. Grierson and family occupied this same quarters.

I videotaped very short interviews with main characters of "Unwelcome Resident" while infrared cameras were being setup in 2 rooms upstairs and 1 room downstairs and before "lights out". They work in total darkness.

I videotaped with a Sony HC21 that has a limited IR nightshot mode and just tried to get some general investigative activity. After I came downstairs Rachel and another young woman came down the stairs as fast as they could in the dark.

Some presence had indicated it wanted them to leave. They said they didn't think it was Edith

Anyway I'm editing that footage tonight, will have someone tape me doing a few remarks and once all that is edited I'll have the "featurette" ready to put online.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 10:16 PM   #21
Major Player

Excellent!

Thanks so much for the report Bruce. That is truly fascinating and I look forward to the interviews. :)
Old November 2nd, 2007, 11:48 PM   #22
Trustee

Hi Bruce.
What a great video and scary too.
You are lucky to have friends (I guess it's your friends or perhaps family?) acting in your videos.
A spooky one and as always you have nice angles and the one of the skeleton under the house was great. Where did you find the skeleton, just wonder? I thought that maybe there would come a snake lurking under the house or something attacking the man crawling under the house. But the skeleton was great. Your editing skills are fine and the music is just perfect.
I envy you as I've seen your wildlife films and your just as great in this kind of topics (DVC).
It's 6.30am over here and in 2 hours I'm heading back home from work.
Maybe I'll try to film something for uwol6 on sunday.

Wish you all the best.
Geir Inge
Old November 4th, 2007, 01:48 PM   #23
Trustee

Well, Geir,

I didn't know these folks, just met them a couple days before the theme was announced. They were mostly "acting" what they do on a case.

For the scary part under the house, we weren't really under a house. We went out to our gun club range and I had Darin get down in the dirt on his belly. Lighting was from a very low angle and I tried to light nothing but him.

The "skeleton" was sold as a "Bag Of Bones" in a Halloween concession in our mall. Items were all made of foam.

Glad you enjoyed it. And good luck on the UWOL#6.
Old November 5th, 2007, 02:04 AM   #24
Trustee

Behind the scenes--Bonus Feature

Finally got this finished. This is the "bonus feature" I put on the DVD of "Unwelcome Resident" I made for cast and crew.

While I personally observed no paranormal activity except for the "orbs" picked up by Darin's IR cameras and displayed on his monitor, something interesting and unusual did happen while filming my comments outside Officers Quarters #1 at Fort Concho.

Chris Beach was operating the camera for me when he suddenly exclaimed, "This camera has a mind of it's own".

It began a slow zoom without the zoom rocker being depressed. He got it stopped and zoomed back to where he wanted it and as I stepped over it did it again while I watched it.

Was it a one time "fluke" or was something "playing" with me?

Here's the link: http://www.fortvir.net/gallery2/P3U_...S_bts.wmv.html
Old November 5th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #25
Major Player

Hi Bruce

That was very fascinating. Love the orbs too. Thank you very much for posting this! Will you be going on additional investigations?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!