DVC 12 - Changeling - Jim Montgomery at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Major Player

DVC 12 - Changeling - Jim Montgomery

No actress, wait, pregnant actress, no wait, grandma is in hospital, hold it, original actress is in town. Got two hours with her last night. Uuu - weee

DVC 12 is a wrap.

Enjoy

Jim
Attached Images

Jim Montgomery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Congratulations Jim! I look forward to seeing it. I have nothing yet! :)

Mike
Old March 10th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #3
Major Player

Well here its is, enjoy.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3m1bgelsloY

HD on Vimeo
http://vimeo.com/765066

Jim
Old March 10th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Hey buddy!?! I was completely done within 48 hours of the topic posting! I think you were sneaking around my house!!! hahahahha

I love the shots! They all look very rich and compelling. what camera did you use? I loved the alcohol shot. the lighting was also very good.

questions I have... what was the plan that hasn't changed? She was going out to kill someone just dressed differently? Or was she killing her father?

I also didn't figure out until I read it in your you tube description that he was her father? Obviously that was it and I figured on that being the case. But the music, lighting, dark tones of the wood and books and tension between the two, especially with the drink, made me think it was gonna wind up being her sugar daddy or something?

just a few comments there..

Hot chicks and guns! you can never go wrong with that combo! Great job

Best of luck
Old March 10th, 2008, 06:06 PM   #5
Major Player

I watched HD on Vimeo and there was an odd clicking going on and sound drop in the left channel? Youtube was fine though.

Anyways, The thought process was nice but I had watched Jesse's film first so yours threw me with the gun. I am still not 100% sure where you are heading with it but I will re-watch it in a day or so and see if that clears my head and I get it then.

The lighting and the shots where nicely done. I liked being able to hear everything in terms of the ice and typing but it was a little too loud for my taste compared to the level of the dialog.

Great job.
Josh Chesarek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:46 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Well done. I too got the clicking noise on Vimeo, but not Youtube. Your lighting was superb and the whole thing had a very professional look to it. The audio was overall quite nice. When the Dad says "What is she doing?" there was a slight bit of distracting hiss that came in with his audio and cut off when he quit speaking and I also couldn't quite make out what Abbey's last line was. Otherwise, a nearly flawless flick. Very good.
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Major Player

Jim! I'm sorry I didn't comment on your film last night with all the other entries, but I wanted to mull your entry over in my head for a while longer.

Now that I have, am I correct in guessing that the daughter has simply had enough of her father's demands for change, and is escalating the issue? Or is that last shot taken from the dad's point of view, as if the two are working together? I admit I'm a little confused, it looks as if when she grabs the gun, she just walks out the front door instead of going back down the stairs (those are the stairs behind her, in the corner, correct?).

This is another gorgeous Youtube upload, I'm amazed anyone, shooting HD or not, can get this kind of quality out of the service. My hat's off to you, and that shot of the glass lives up to the production photo you posted in the "How's it going?" thread. Your reaction is especially priceless, and completes the whole thing.

If you could please answer a trivia question for me, is that Vegas I see running on that system in the back? Your editing machine, perhaps?
Robert Martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #8
Major Player

The film is supposed to convey the conflict of father and daughter before going out on a date, which at the end really becomes a sinister plot.

Nice catch on Vegas.

Jim
Old March 12th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Wrangler

I didn’t try to think it through that much, because by the end of it I wanted to kill the mean old dad, so it seemed like the natural progression! Must be a girl thing…. ;)

Nice work. From a technical standpoint, the most pleasing shot for me is the one of the dad looking out the window. Very nice.
Old March 12th, 2008, 10:05 PM   #10
Trustee

Slick!

What stood out most was the fantastic lighting. Natural and yet glamorous at the same time. Another YOUTUBE gem! How in heck are you guys getting such gorgeous results from YOUTUBE? I liked your variety of music coinciding with each costume change. Acting was great. I also thought that, at the end, she was going to do in dear old dad.

Your work is fabulous.
Old March 16th, 2008, 11:35 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Jim,

I wanted to wait a while before I made a comment on this film, because I wanted to watch the piece again from a cinematography point of view. The camera movement was very nice and smooth, and I noticed some of that "sinister" lighting you created near the end of the film when the daughter "turned".

Its those details that really make a good film great. I enjoyed watching this piece, and look forward to watching more of your work.

Cheers.
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!