DVC23 - The Interview - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 7th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Re: DVC23 - The Interview

Hi Tim!

I enjoyed this piece! The edits were pretty tight and although the concept was simple in nature, it was well executed.

Toni
Toni Dolce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2013, 11:59 PM   #17
Wrangler

Tim, you are selling this cool little piece way too short! I loved it!

For me it even had a twist at the end, given that in my tenure in video/filmmaking the big mystery was always whether or not all, or any, of the equipment was going to work.

Well cut, fast-paced...just the way I like 'em. Thank you!

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; October 9th, 2013 at 01:24 AM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2013, 11:49 PM   #18
Major Player

I didn't do a BTS featurette, mainly because it would have run longer than the feature! But for those that were wondering...

I am afraid that when it comes to a pressure situation I tend to revert to what I know best. So I shot this on my Canon HF200. I used my JVC GY HD110 as the "talent" and some of my other gear was pressed in to service in roles for which it was not necessarily originally designed.

I ended up editing the film in iMovie '11 as for this job my time was short due to University study commitments. I learned quite a lot about iMovie along the way. It was the first time I have used beat markers and cut to the beat. I added in foley where live recording was insufficient and learned a lot more about making the music track fade nicely in iMovie.

I was pretty comfortable with the titling and just wanted a plain "cinematic" look to the text.

I was happy with the final product as it is my first time with anything like this, but I can see I will have to improve a lot for the next one.

(..and nobody spotted the continuity error! Phew! That ought to get the number of views up, lol.)

Last edited by Tim Lewis; October 10th, 2013 at 08:31 AM.
Tim Lewis is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!