DVC5 Feedback - Lost in DC - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old April 18th, 2006, 08:58 AM   #16
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
Even without the wind I couldn't have done live sound. All you hear on the tape is "Sit Blue. Good dog. Stay... stay... stay... stay... stay... stay... Go get Mary."

that's hilarious. as another seasoned veteran of dog videography, i can totally relate. i have two tapes of "g'wan. go. good girl. come on violet, come! no. this way. THIS WAY!!"

it's amazing how cooperative the NLE makes them appear!
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:21 AM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Mays
Great pictures and a potential star.

But she needs better material. And maybe a costar. I'd like to send her a script where some spaniel is in love with her, but she only has eyes for this bad boy pit bull, until the spaniel overcomes great odds, saves the day, and earns her undying love.

Add a little plot twist to your script, and you'll have a film festival winner.
Darn you Dick, I had a dream about that last night. And the dream wasn't even the story playing out, it was me reshooting the reunion scene to show that Blue had brought home a boyfriend. I was meant to be done with this, not dreaming about ways to improve it.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2006, 10:29 AM   #18
Major Player

Relieved

lol Kris!

Thought I was the only one who would have restless nights dreaming of editing and re-editing the same scene over and over. Then out re-shooting, re-editing, re-shooting and so on. Well after the film is "finished". Whew!

Relieved to know I do not suffer in silence.

Best Wishes~
Bradley
Bradley L Marlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #19
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos
Not fair at all. A dog movie at the nations capitol. Old Yeller, Benji, and now "Lost in DC". Showed it to my grandkids and they loved it. I was waiting for Peter, Paul and Mary to sing the song about "My Dog Blue".
It occurs to me that you might be interested to know that Blue actually has her own theme song. I comissioned it from my brother for Christmas one year. Then of course had to make her a little music video... I gotta be me, right?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62776215511311
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #20
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris Holodak
It occurs to me that you might be interested to know that Blue actually has her own theme song. I comissioned it from my brother for Christmas one year. Then of course had to make her a little music video... I gotta be me, right?

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...62776215511311
Kris:

Ahh. So this isn't Blue's first film. Love the training scenes, that's one bright Dog.

After I showed your film to a friend the other day, he told me about a dog they had that would only run on three legs, until he had to kick it into gear, then he'd put the fourth one down and really go. Imagining it made me laugh.... especially after seeing Blue.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!