DVC 5 Feedback - The Road Taken - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old April 20th, 2006, 12:28 PM   #16
Major Player

Thanks, Sean. Appreciate the comments. I have learned a lot from this experience and will carry it over into the next DVC (which I'm anxiously awaiting). Although, having only a week to produce a 3 minute video when THIS 3 minute video took THREE weeks will be challenging. There may be a "wall" in my immediate future. Who knows....
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 08:53 PM   #17
Trustee

You may find it's actually easier to work with less available time. It forces you to grab an idea out of thin air and make it work. I nearly got flung on the wall this round because I had too much time to wonder if I was going in the right direction. I had a story ready to go but on the Thursday before it ended, I gave it up and went a new direction.

Good luck on the next one. It's easier than you might think.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2006, 09:53 PM   #18
Major Player

I know. This one SHOULD have been easy. Within moments of the theme (and "twist") being announced, I had the idea, the music picked out and most of the shot list figured out....at least in my head. Then, of course, after a couple bott----....er...GLASSES of wine and the inavailability of talent I had lined up, the third week got here fast! Really should never have that much advanced planning. Just shoot off the hip. Next one will be fun. :)
www.elpilon.com
Edward Slonaker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!