DVC 6 Feedback - The Bright Side - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!

Old August 26th, 2006, 08:40 PM   #16
Major Player

I'm even more impressed than before. This is what I love about these feedback threads. I thought you booked a flight into the desert to shoot this. I'm gonna look at rocks a whole new way now. Truely amazing!!! You really are a freak of nature.
Michael Fossenkemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 08:43 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Silver
The little boxed in area behind the van was where the employees would stand to smoke. They watched, but no one ever said anything; even when we walked right by them to leave.

-j
I had people watching me as well without ever saying anything. Did it strike you as odd? I kept expecting someone to ask but no one ever did.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #18
Wrangler

*still shaking my head in amazement* That is just too cool, Jay. I love it. Thanks for the pics. :)
Old August 26th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #19
Major Player

I just noticed the cresent wrench in a couple of the shots... hahahaha. Love it.
Old August 27th, 2006, 09:46 AM   #20
Regular Crew

Aha, so now I know where you shot the video, great choice. Jay I like your video because it is very different than someone would expect to shoot in such a short time frame. It's interesting watching the video and how sunny it is at the start to how dark it is at the end. Very cool.

Justin
Justin Tomchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:00 AM   #21
Major Player

Jay, how did you do the fanged pig boy at the end? looked really good.
Old August 30th, 2006, 09:09 AM   #22
Major Player

Wow!

I loved this short! Extremely well done!

The location is awesome and I'm a sucker for anything Sci-Fi. I loved the closing shot!

I do agree with the comments on the lack of music, just a low creepy tune would be perfect in key spots.

Still, I really wouldn't change anything.

Mike
Mike Horrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 12:54 PM   #23
Regular Crew

The "fanged pig boy" is my brother wearing dollar store vampire teeth (which, incidentally, I was amazed had been put on display already)! We share similar snubby noses and I think the frame cuts it off at just the right point so it appears even more snout-like. I hadn't realized it until you pointed it out!

More of that "use what you've got" approach - practical effects almost always look better.

-j
Jay Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:53 PM   #24
Major Player

Oh yeah, I see it now, Just cuts the nose in a strange place. Nice mistake though. Didn't mean to offend your brother, hahaha.
Old August 30th, 2006, 03:55 PM   #25
Major Player

Yeah, I agree. I didn't even notice the cresent wrench until like the 10 time. But the clanking of the metal on the rocks gave it something cool.
Old August 31st, 2006, 09:23 PM   #26
Trustee

I am impressed. I didn't know that three minutes had wisked by. Much left to the imagination. The complete sense of hopeless futility. This left me wondering what happens in act II. Did he actually meet a similiar fate? Did he? By not hearing a scream you left it open. Well thought out and executed.
Peter Ferling is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!