DVC 7 "Burning Memories" - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 2nd, 2007, 08:26 PM   #16
Major Player

Nice. Were you aiming for a turn of the century feel with the black and white and the music? As I recall you cranked this out under difficult circumstances. Given more time I might like to know why these particular memories were being burned. But on the other hand, as a moody little piece, maybe I don't want to know.

Smile,
Kris
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2007, 10:32 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Sorry I'm so late getting to your film...

I guess I don't have much to add that hasn't already been said, except for I just have to say it was a very nice touch to have her roasting a marshmellow over the fire after all her "bad" memories had burned...lol its perfect because it symbolizes the peace she feels after getting rid of those memories...in her mind she can finally move on and why not start off with a nice roasted marshmellow!
Jamey Hastings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 08:48 AM   #18
Trustee

I particularly liked how it look more like an art film in the begining with the choice of shots and especially the hand with the match drifting through the frame. Worked well for me.

I'm a sucker for old circus music, which I know the Blue Danube isn't but it sounded like a calliope from a merry-go-round here. That always sets an almost evil tone for me so maybe that fed some psychosis I have or something.

I like it. I did however once write a sort of story idea while I was delusional with Pneumonia. It still makes sense to me because I know what it was all about but it is very very odd to folks that don't know the ideas behind it.

You can read it on my web site if you like. It's called "Fever".

So good job. Looks good in B&W and the sound helps me too.

Sean

http://www.DeepBlueEdit.com
Sean McHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 10:34 AM   #19
Wrangler

thanks, sean. i'm glad i could feed your warped-out sensibilities something dark and tasty, for a change!

i like that little calliope bit, too, i only wish it was a little longer. it sort of set the length of the film for me, because a few seconds was all i had. and i didn't want to clutter it with any sound, other than ambient.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > DVC Feedback!