Tales of wonder and woe: DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old December 21st, 2008, 02:09 PM   #16
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Guthormsen View Post
My dream equipment!! A heated winter cape to tuck your hands into when filming with the camera. I gotta design one!!!
Dale, have you tried the PortaBrace - Polar bear (for XL2) and the smaller Polar mitten (for GL2)? http://www.portabrace.com/productA-POL-25
I use the Polar mitten for my GM2 and can highly recommend it. Even when the temperature drops to about -25C I can keep more than 0C inside the camera cover.
Keeps both your hands and the camera warm.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 03:07 PM   #17
Major Player

Today was my last free day before 9th of January. I have end exams, lots of work and just finished a huge "birthday video-family archive" order that made me breathless for more than a week. :(

Anyway, today I was watching a film with some friends, it was already pitch dark outside, and we decided to go out and shoot just anything. I had my hv20 with me, we found a flashlight and went into the wood to shoot "anything"

Anyway, I've now got a whole full 5 minutes of editable material! :D It's laughable, but I'll try to get the most from it.

I'm not even sure if I'll submit it to the contest.
Andris Krastins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 06:00 PM   #18
Inner Circle

Tronde,

How did I ever miss that!!! Should have had one a couple years back. I had considered the polar mitin for my gl2, but knowing I was going to go hd in the new year I passed, never knew about the polar bear!!!

I am going to order one as soon as possible!!!! they aint cheap, but who cares!!!

Thanks!!
Old December 25th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #19
Wrangler

Merry Christmas!

We don't usually get a white Christmas so I'm happy that there was a near-blizzard again last night.

All shooting and editing has stopped because my son and his wife are in town. We're getting ready to go stuff ourselves at my parents' place right now so...

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! :D
Old December 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM   #20
Trustee

Happy Holiday!

Done some footage for a couple of days. It's not as cold as I was hoping for but the hardest thing is the scattered light this time of year!

I make a portrait of a good friend of mine who is a stillphotographer. He's established a bird-feeder where he take tons of picture of different kind of species, including the Red Squirrel. The Santa suddenly appeared at the feeding station as shown in the picture!

We spent many hours in a very cold blind. I'll try to show you how it's like to sit there for hours and hours waiting for those magic moments. Stay tuned....
Attached Thumbnails
Tales of wonder and woe: DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge-santa-squirrel.jpg  
Old December 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM   #21
Trustee

Well,

I'm out.

With the holiday season and busy activities, none of the folks who've worked with me in the past had time to even respond. I had found a story buried in a newspaper column that had a lot of potential but that may have to wait for a future project.

And just as I was somewhat recovered from a low back spasm problem and doing well in physical therapy, danged if I didn't wind up with a foot injury that has me hobbling around too much and too slow with a cane to do anything "solo".

I look forward to watching what others come up with. Hope the Christmas season was a happy one for all of you.
Bruce Foreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 01:43 AM   #22
Inner Circle

I had figured we just couldn't get anything together for this project. Our sound guy couldn't make it, and we were down to two actors, a dog, and myself. Somehow we got the film done....
Old January 1st, 2009, 09:58 AM   #23
Inner Circle

Happy New Year!

Bruce, sorry to hear you're out this round. Hope you will be back for the next one.

I shot and edited my video last weekend.
Lots of action? Nope, but it sure was cold. :)

I look forward to see what everyone comes up with.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 07:39 PM   #24
Inner Circle

We had plenty of cold and relentless wind. Today was a good day, of course, and I was finishing up post.

I had one other good day and the xl inner fuse burnt out and kept the tape!!! I finished up with my old gl2 but am dissappointed I did not get to use the footage I suffered so much to get. I feel fortunate to have got the footage I did to finish up!!!It was almost a shark tank affair.

I was out and exposed in the wind and cold over an hour, had battery heated socks, thank goodness!!! I was having to change positins every 5 to 10 minutes.

Froze the level bubble in my gitzo.

I did have fun!!

I am looking forward to seeing everyones film.

Bruce, will miss your entry!!!! Try not to be so accident prone eh??? or were you kicking the ground again? LOL

Take it easy and get well!!!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge