UWOL12/DVC - "Norwegian Wood" by Per Johan Næsje - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 11th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #16
Major Player

Per:
Gorgeous footage, as usual. Our gray squirrels aren't as cute as yours. To see tassel-eared squirrels over here you have to go to the Grand Canyon.
Having seen your entry, a You Tube HD video, I uploaded some footage there. One and a half minutes took 7 hours to upload. Did your 5.5 minute film take over a day to upload,or is there a trick?
Steve Siegel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:33 AM   #17
Trustee

Meryem:
Thanks for your kind comment to my entry. I'm very happy you liked it, makes me confident that I will continue this idea over at the long-form-uwol.

Steve:
Thanks for your kind comments!
It took a couple of hours to upload this film to Youtube. The original file is H.264, size 139MB.
Note that I'm editing in FCP 6.0.5. Timeline setup is HDV 1080i50 (PAL). I'm not changing any settings at timeline (like ProRes) before exporting to the final H.264-file.
The export settings is: 1280x720, fps 25, AAC stereo 44.100kHz, compressor set to high quality.
When I'm done in FCP, I upload to Youtube, using the Bulk Upload Plugin, this also gives you a percentage upload status
Old January 12th, 2009, 05:34 AM   #18
Regular Crew

In addition to what the others said, I think this piece is one that truly crosses the bridge between the DVC and UWOL. It is wonderful as both a narrative and a nature piece.

Truly masterful work, Per -- thank you!
Joseph Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2009, 04:34 AM   #19
Trustee

Update: Vimeo version online now!

Thanks for your kind comments Joseph!

Something happened to the Youtube version of this film. It doesn't play without stuttering at my place, so here is a vimeo version:
Norwegian Wood on Vimeo

Enjoy!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge