Have Look at the Prizes at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old March 10th, 2010, 01:36 AM   #1
Inner Circle

Have Look at the Prizes

I thought it would be fun for everyone to see the prizes for this years Charity Challenge that were wrangled together by our supporter Guy Cochran. Put together this little video about it.

Old March 10th, 2010, 02:09 AM   #2
Major Player

OMG What a showoff!@#$%

Just Kidding ;)

Chris, congratulations on a great short film, and for showcasing the treasure.

I will buy a product from Guy Cochran for sponsoring these events.

(BTW if you don't need the monitor I know a poor DP who can use it... )

I've been shooting my next entry, and have been inspired
by 'Aunt Matilda's Present' to go extreme, and have some stunt man bruises to prove it. -BT
Bill Thesken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #3
Major Player

SWEET!!!

Chris, isnt' the false color used to nail focus? The part in focus is in color, or no?
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:14 PM   #4
Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Thesken View Post
OMG What a showoff!@#$%
LOL! Funny because Chris is pretty much the opposite of a showoff. :)

Well, that *was* fun, and I'm tickled that you're tickled, Chris. Thanks for showing off--I mean--sharing the prizes with us.

As always, many thanks to Guy at DVeStore at DVcreators.net and also Marshall Electronics this time around!
Old March 10th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Dick, that is the peaking filter, I am pretty sure, though I haven't started playing with it.

This is off the Marshall site here: Marshall Electronics - V-LCD70XP-HDMI

The False Color filter is used to aid in the setting of camera exposure. As the camera Iris is adjusted, elements of the image will change color based on the luminance or brightness values. This enables proper exposure to be achieved without the use of costly, complicated external test equipment. To best utilize this feature, you must understand the color chart and have a basic understanding of camera exposure. Normally, when shooting subjects like people, it is common practice to set exposure of faces to the equivalent of approximately 56 IRE. The False Color filter will show this area as the color PINK on the monitor. Therefore, as you increase exposure (open the IRIS), your subject will change color as indicated on the chart: PINK, then GREY, then a few shades of YELLOW. Overexposed subjects (above 101 IRE) on the monitor will be shown as RED. In addition, underexposed subjects will show as DEEP-BLUE to DARK-BLUE, with clipped-blacks indicated with a FUCHSIA-like color. Lastly, the color GREEN is used to indicate elements of the image that are approximately 45 IRE. This represents a "neutral" or "mid-level" exposure commonly used for objects (not people).
Old March 11th, 2010, 12:47 AM   #6
Major Player

I just want to point out that this may be the first film showing Chris since he posted the one right after he had Bells's palsy... notice how he has made a pretty much FULL recovery!
His ugly mug now works just the way God planned it to.
Chris Swanberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 11th, 2010, 08:18 PM   #7
Inner Circle

Chris B. or is it Mr. B?

Thanks for sharing!! What great prizes!!!! You'll probably step up a another level now and make it even harder for us to compete with the likes of you!!! LOL.

Dale Guthormsen
Old March 13th, 2010, 07:42 AM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Barcellos View Post
Normally, when shooting subjects like people, it is common practice to set exposure of faces to the equivalent of approximately 56 IRE. The False Color filter will show this area as the color PINK on the monitor. Therefore, as you increase exposure (open the IRIS), your subject will change color as indicated on the chart: PINK, then GREY, then a few shades of YELLOW.
Man, I need to get me one of those...
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2010, 10:28 PM   #9
Major Player

Yeah, that was a nice haul. Thats for showing us Chris, all the extra motivation for the next time.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge