2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge - Sign Up! - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old December 9th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #31
Major Player

In, or on the wall, one or the other.
Dick Mays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM   #32
Wrangler

Meryem--welcome back! Gonna be fun to see your perspective on the theme. :)

Old December 10th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #33
Wrangler

PERSPECTIVE, huh?

a kitten-cam, that's the ticket...I'll title it HOW TO DESTROY THE CHRISTMAS TREE.

I knew these pets would make this easy...

all I need is a "making of" featurette accompanying it, showing me rigging a camera to the kitten and having my eyeballs removed during the ensuing tussle.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #34
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meryem Ersoz View Post

a kitten-cam, that's the ticket...I'll title it HOW TO DESTROY THE CHRISTMAS TREE.
Kitten-cam??? That sounds perfect. Sadly for me Blue has landed herself on bed rest with a torn ACL so I'm not sure who I'm going to rope into staring for me now.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2010, 12:46 PM   #35
Wrangler

Ouch! On a back leg? Under other circumstances I would say that given Blue's size she would be able to star in a limited capacity within a week or so. But when my little dog tore his ACL he had three other legs to help him out.

He couldn't undergo surgery so it was left to heal the best it could. It reached a point fairly quickly that he could walk on it without a noticeable limp; he only carried it when he ran. But I would think it is going to be a lot more of a hardship for your little Blue.
Old December 12th, 2010, 01:23 PM   #36
Major Player

Yes the back leg. It's that sad mix of pathetic and funny to watch her try to walk on her stumpy leg with her bum leg held up. At first "bed rest" was easy because she would just stay wherever I set her down. But now that the pain pills are working she's getting impatient with me not letting her run around the back yard. She is enjoying the princess treatment of being carried up and down all the stairs though. Maybe I could cast her as some sort of notorious crime boss who just sits back and lets her minions do her dirty work.
Kris Holodak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2010, 01:46 PM   #37
Regular Crew

I think I'll be back by then... I'm in.
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 16th, 2010, 06:29 PM   #38
Wrangler

Dylan just got word from Guy Cochran at DVeStore that the winner of our charity challenge will receive a Stellar Lighting Diva Ring light Photo/Video Diva Ring Light - DVeStore !!

I bought one that has already been put to lots of good use--almost every day last week, as a matter of fact. So easy for fast interviews--can be used as a key or fill and makes older skin like *ahem* mine look its best. Though it won't help you nature/wildlife types in the field it sure would come in handy for a documentary that includes interviews. And for narrative films it certainly has its uses, as well.

Thanks a bunch, Guy! We always appreciate your support of the Challenge.

Sign up is still open, so if anyone out there has been thinking about it, now is a great time to jump in! :)
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:05 PM   #39
Major Player

Is it too late to sign up? If not I'm gonna try...for the first time in...well...too long.
Old December 26th, 2010, 05:20 PM   #40
Inner Circle

Welcome onboard, Jeff.
It is never to late to sign up to have fun.
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 02:27 PM   #41
Wrangler

January 9 at midnight PST is our deadline for submissions--still plenty of time to join the fun if you want to shoot and submit a film using the theme PERSPECTIVE. Sound like fun? Then sign up! :D

And you can still donate to the pool for some great charity of the winner's choice...don't have to sign up for competition to do that. :) http://www.dvinfo.net/forum/dvc-uwol...ool-total.html
Old January 7th, 2011, 08:37 AM   #42
Major Player

okay, I sign up :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge