2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge -- The Winner! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge
Our contest series unites for a common cause...

Old January 17th, 2011, 12:45 PM   #1
Wrangler

2010 DVC/UWOL Charity Challenge -- The Winner!

Votes are in and we have a winner! But first, our thanks: To Chris Hurd for hosting the three challenges right here on DVinfo Net—without him we wouldn’t be having all this fun. Nor would we be combining the DVC and UWOL every winter for the charity challenge without the vision of the fabulous Dylan Couper of the DV Challenge. Many thanks to our sponsor, Guy Cochran of DVeStore for hanging with us year after year and offering great prizes as incentives to get folks shooting. This year’s winner receives a Diva Ring Light— an easy, lightweight tool to have ready for quick lighting and other uses. (Helps make interviews a snap.) Photo/Video Diva Ring Light - DVeStore Always appreciated, Guy!

Now for the results of the voting. All eight films were interesting and great fun to watch, all are winners in one category or another. Every one of you who submitted a film should be proud of your work! But we picked one for the top prize and that goes to:

THE WINNER - BEST FILM
Finn-Erik Faale with “The Spark”

Congratulations on producing a highly entertaining film that warmed our hearts this winter, Finn-Erik! Your UWOL entries are always a treat, and this "perspective" really gave us some smiles. You now have the happy task of choosing a charity to receive the money donated by DVinfo members.

Ah, the donations! Many, many thanks to all who donated this year. Times are still tough all over, so the fact that the challenge raised $380 for the charity of Finn-Erik’s choosing is heartwarming, as well.

As Pete said in the conclusion of his entry, “That’s a wrap!” Have fun shooting through the year in the DV Challenge and/or the UWOL Challenge, and we’ll see everyone back here next December!

Last edited by Lorinda Norton; January 17th, 2011 at 01:40 PM.
Lorinda Norton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Many congratulations, Finn-Erik on a well deserved victory and thank to Lorinda, Dylan Guy and Chris for organising/sponsoring/hosting such a great contest. I've really enjoyed everyone's videos.

Looking forward to the next challenge!

Henry

Last edited by Henry Williams; January 17th, 2011 at 12:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Henry Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:12 PM   #3
Wrangler

Team Norway strikes again!

Congratulations Finn-Erik - I always enjoy your entries.

And nice job on putting up an interesting range of films to everybody else. Lots of fun to watch.
Meryem Ersoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Well done Finn-Erik, a cute tale executed with technical élan.
Marc Burleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:27 PM   #5
Wrangler

Congratulations, Finn as well as all the others who participated! For me, it was a win just to get off my butt and shoot a film. Cheers!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:33 PM   #6
Major Player

Congratulations Finn-Erik. I really enoyed your project and appreciated the obvious skills it took to complete this.

Congratulations as well to the others who participated. I enjoyed watching all the films and learned from doing so!

Alan
Alan Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:53 PM   #7
Wrangler

Forgot something: Finn-Erik, please check your email for information regarding your prize and the charity donation.
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #8
Inner Circle

Congratulations, Finn-Erik!
Trond Saetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 03:34 PM   #9
Major Player

This is unbelievable!

It is a big surprise and a great honor to be picked out for the top prize.

Thank you so much everyone for support and voting on The Spark.

All the films were great and it was interesting to watch all different approaches to the theme.

I will thank Tone, the driver and owner of the spark, for enthusiasm and good ideas for improving the film.

Without Meryem, Cathrine and what I have learned from participating the UWOL challenge, I would not have been able to do this film.

Thanks so much to all behind the competition.
Special thanks to Lorinda and her attention and caring.

Thanks so much to DVeStore, Inc. for the price.

Bamse, the teddy bear, has selected the receiver of the charity.

The charity will go to Pandas International who is working for preservation of the Giant Panda.

Pandas International,
Finn-Erik Faale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 07:13 PM   #10
Wrangler

Congratulations again, and thank you for your choice of charity -- that's wonderful!
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 09:31 PM   #11
Regular Crew

Congratulations! I thoroughly enjoyed your entry, and congratulations to everyone who managed to complete something.
Cole Seidl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 09:19 AM   #12
Major Player

Congratulations on a well-deserved win Finn-Eric!

Hope I'm allowed to ask this Lorinda, but what happened to the runners up this round? Was the vote count very even resulting in too many runners up to mention?
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:21 AM   #13
Wrangler

Hi Marj,

When there aren't very many submissions it just doesn't feel right to list runners-up. But I am happy to send more results by email to anyone who wants to know. :)
Old January 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM   #14
Major Player

Thanks Lorinda - makes sense!
Marj Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #15
Major Player

Awesome! Your film totally deserved it, Finn-Erik!
Thanks everyone for your great entries, and of course to the organizers!
Meet you all next round! :)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > And Now, For Something Completely Different... > The Archives > The DV Challenge > The DVC / UWOL Charity Challenge