Encore still buggy? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old September 14th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #16
Major Player

Noa, thanks for sticking with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noa Put View Post
If I understand right you want chapter 1 end were chapter 2 begins?
Well, yes, but I think there's a better way to describe it. I think a more accurate description would be that I want Chapter 1 to consist of two .avi files in the same Encore timeline, i.e. combine two .avi files, or 2 separate assets, into a single chapter.

Have you ever tried to do that, i.e. put 2 .avi files in the same timeline THEN deleting the chapter point for the second .avi file? If so, what happened when you tried?

When I drag each .avi file into the timeline, it automatically adds a chapter point for each file, so using two .avi files generates two chapter points, but I want only 1 chapter point.

Maybe I did something screwy/taboo/forbidden along the path to getting to this stage. Here's what I did:

In PPro 2, I had 2 sequences, and a few clips in each sequence.
I exported both sequences "As movie", which gave me .avi1 and .avi2. I then closed PPro 2.

Opened Encore, imported .avi1 and .avi2 as assets.

Created a new timeline.

Dragged .avi1 to that timeline. Encore generated a chapter point for the first .avi file as "Chapter 1".

Dragged .avi2 to the same timeline. Encore generated a Chapter point for the second .avi file as "Chapter 2".

I then deleted the chapter point for "Chapter 2". This left both the .avi1 and .avi2 files in the timeline, and a single Chpater point for "Chapter 1".

I then set the poster frame for Chapter 1 so it would use a frame of footage from the .avi2 file.

After building & burning the DVD, then selecting the button for Chapter 1, the only footage that played was from the .avi1 file.

Quote:
Let's say the clip's name is "test"
First select "chapter 1" and set its "end action" in the "properties" tab to "chapter 2". Just use the pickwhip here to connect the end action directly to the chapter point on the timeline.
Also check the end action from the clip "test", just click on the timeline with name "test" in the "project" tab and set its "end action" and "menu remote" to the menu you want it to go to. Here it's also best to drag the pickwhip from "end action" to the menu in the "project" tab.

Let's hope this solves your second problem as wel :)
I'll give this a try and see what happens.

Again, thanks for your input.

BTW, I have Encore version 2.0 Build 2.0.0.48678
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 02:36 AM   #17
Inner Circle

I must have been drunk yesterday because it's not correct what I said, you have to connect chapter 1 end action to the menu, it should, when it reaches chapter 2 stop and return to the menu.

"Have you ever tried to do that, i.e. put 2 .avi files in the same timeline THEN deleting the chapter point for the second .avi file? If so, what happened when you tried?"

I just tried that and the only way that it continued to the second avi was not to delete the chapter point from the second avi, then I set the end action of the first avi's chapterpoint to the chapterpoint from the second avi and the end action of the chapterpoint of the second avi I set back to the menu.

I have encore cs3 but it almost the same
Noa Put is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2007, 07:40 AM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
I must have been drunk yesterday...
No problem...after trying all this, it's enough to drive you to drink.

Quote:
I just tried that and the only way that it continued to the second avi was not to delete the chapter point from the second avi, then I set the end action of the first avi's chapterpoint to the chapterpoint from the second avi and the end action of the chapterpoint of the second avi I set back to the menu.
Thanks for experimenting and providing this tip. Now that I know it can be done, I'll give it a shot.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring