DVD encryption at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old October 24th, 2007, 09:15 PM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD encryption

What is the best way to do some kind of encryption to keep "Average Joe" from being able to duplicate a DVD?I know there is always a way around it, but I just need to make it harder for the average person to be able to duplicate the DVD I will be selling. Thanks.
Ryan Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2007, 05:02 AM   #2
Major Player

The best copy protection I have is a fair price and a package they cannot beat, Printed on DVDs, with box etc as well as online hosting to allow them to share with friends. Once they see those two options they normally don't care for the sharpie DVD edition ;-) Short of that I have heard of people using the copy protection in encore which makes it harder to just dub the video to a VCR from a DVD and such but of course nearly any free software online can beat this but it will make it a little harder.
Old October 25th, 2007, 08:24 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Adobe Encore does a macrovision encription and also region protection, though I haven't had reason to use it yet because our films are distributed online and the only dvd copies go out to the cast and crew.

I have read that macrovision is the encription used on dvd's anyway, so this should work just fine for you.

Of course as you stated, if someone wants to rip a dvd they will find a way regardless.
Old October 25th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks a lot guys.
Ryan Thomas is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring