DVD architect ac3 dvd problem at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old June 26th, 2003, 04:04 AM   #1
Regular Crew

DVD architect ac3 dvd problem

yesterday I finally got my DVD burner (Philips DVD416K). I had a already made a project in DVD architect and wanted to burn it onto DVD. I had the video encoded as mpeg2 for architect in Vegas4 and the audio as ac3 (also done with vegas4). So fas so good...DVD architect prepares all media and start to burn the lead in (well, it says it does) and haldfay the leadin, it finishes and says burning has finished. I end up with a blank dvd, not written. Finally I tried not to choose to keep AC3 audio but to rerender it it pcm audio and that worked.
Is it some kind of setting I missed in the software or does my dvd burner not support ac3 (that would be weird, it just has to burn 1 and 0, right?)

Hope to hear your comments...
Joris Beverloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 03:44 PM   #2
Major Player

it shouldn't be a problem. I have only used AC3 to encode my audio files and everything has always worked. What type of dvd-r are you using? Have you tried to play the dvd in other dvd players? Also do you happen to have the correct drive selected? What about when you goto preview the dvd with the AC3 audio in place does it work....In DVD ARCHITECT.
Other than that I'm unsure what else to do. Good luck and I hope you find out what the problem was.

Rob:D
Robert Poulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2003, 07:22 PM   #3
Major Player

I only burn DVD-r, with ac3. Works for me. I'm new enough at it, that I pretty sure I didn't have to select anything special.

One thing occurs to me. When you ad your video clip, go up to the dropdown box that shows the clips available to the menue, select your clip (it may say main menu, or have a clip name) After selecting your clip a menu opens up on the right side of the work area, your video clip will be on the upper line showing it's file location, and underneath that there is another place for you to select the audio portion. Make sure that you have your AC-3 file selected in this field. I did have trouble trying to figure out how to get the ac-3 file into my video, until I discovered this.
Old August 16th, 2003, 01:24 PM   #4
Regular Crew

not only ac3 problem anymore

I tried a few different things with DVD architect, all kinds of settings. installed new windows xp updates since I expect the error to be in a driver or something.
Now every project I try to burn on DVD has the same error code:

'SFMMCX'-(17)
'atapi'-(0)
-'PHILIPS DVDRW416N 1.C0'-(1)
Module sfmmcx.cpp Line 1195
The command completed successfully.
No sense.

Command:
Sense: 00 00 00
Info: 00 00 00 00
Specific: 00 00 00
Extra:

Does anyone have a clue?
Joris Beverloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2003, 10:27 PM   #5
Sponsor: JET DV

Do a search for "SFMMCX" at the Sonic Foundry DVD Architect forum. There are several posts of people with similar problems - some of which contain solutions!
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2003, 03:16 AM   #6
Inner Circle

if ur dvd is blank, make sure that test isnt selected...

ive done this and its easy to miss...

also, architect DOESNT liek you messing with the PC while its prepping and burning...

make sure no apps which access drives are open (like exporer)

hope they fix this SOON!!!
as the only way around it is to burn masters on DVDRW then copy those using prasi or nero...

totally not good!!
Peter Jefferson is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring