dvd studio pro 2 question at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 25th, 2003, 12:09 AM   #1
Regular Crew

dvd studio pro 2 question

does anyone know if you can download third party templates? and where?

thanks
Alan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:51 AM   #2
Warden

Templates for iDVD will work. Read the manual on using them. They don't import directly.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 11:04 AM   #3
Regular Crew

jeff do you use dvd studio 2?
can you send me your templates?
i accidently deleted all of mine thats why and i dont have my install cd anymore
Alan Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 11:19 AM   #4
Warden

I use DVDSP 1.5, I haven't upgraded yet. The templates are on your install CD, just do a reinstall and the system will only install the deleted files, not the entire program.

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Where to Buy? From the best in the business: DVinfo.net sponsors
Jeff Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2003, 05:53 PM   #5
Regular Crew

I also use DVD Studio Pro 1.5. Jeff, have you noticed that when you use .PSD files for your menu buttons, that the DVD player cycles through them very slowly as you try to navigate the menu? Does anyone know if DVD Studio Pro 2 fixes this issue?
Ted Springer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2003, 05:37 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Nope. PSD layered menus are still slow. It's a "feature" of how they are implemented by DVDSP. The manual is a bit confusing about this, but it does say that using overlay menus rather than layered menus yields a faster user experience. I'm slowly making the conversion in new projects.
Old September 28th, 2003, 09:36 PM   #7
Regular Crew

What are "overlay" menus?

Also, I have noticed that when using layered menus, I cannot have an AC3 music file play while the menu is displayed. I can have music play on still menus (with no layers) and of course motion menus. Is there any way to get an audio attrubute with a PSD menu?
Old September 28th, 2003, 10:26 PM   #8
Regular Crew

Nevermind... reading up on Apple, it is not possible to have sound during layered menus. And I guess "Overlay" is the feature that just overlays a simple rectangle of varying transparency. I do that all of the time. It's incredibly fast for the end user. I thought there might be a way to "overlay" Photoshop menus or something. :)
Old October 1st, 2003, 04:38 PM   #9
New Boot

DSP 2 import of templates

Photo shop 7 after hoop-jumping and iDVD work but I got the feeling you where looking for stock template art? I do not have an answer But what did you need? Maybe I have or one of must have some art you could use.
pedar
Old October 1st, 2003, 04:55 PM   #10
New Boot

Overlays

An overlay image can be any shape but it has to maintain its proportions in DVD
720x534 NTSC an overlay can be a plain color or an image you like or you can take a clip out of your movie make it a single frame and use it as an overlay.
all I agree easy to say time consuming to do. but if you know through good planning what you want to do take a few stills to use as stock art when ever you get the chance. This is a big time saver.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring