Epson R260 reporting empty ink with BRAND NEW Epson inks installed at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old May 23rd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #1
Inner Circle

Location: Vancouver, British Columbia (formerly Winnipeg, Manitoba) Canada
Epson R260 reporting empty ink with BRAND NEW Epson inks installed

Ok, I've Googled both the site and the Interwebs and found only one answer which was far from helpful (obviously not here on DVI...)

My Epson R260 inkjet printer is reporting all inks empty after replacing all of them after a major run print job. Of course, I didn't think to hold onto my empty cartridges when I took them out, nor can I remember if the printer IMMEDIATELY pooped out after change (I've been living with a "boat anchor" for several months now...)

I've tried removing all the inks, powering down repeatedly, removing USB and power for several weeks, cussing, threatening...

Any ideas?

Connected via USB2.0 to my iMac running MacOSX10.4.11

Between feed issues, ink costs & consumption and now this, I'm just trying to get the use of my $100 in ink before I toss this thing and buy a robotic burner/printer.
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:39 PM   #2
Trustee

In my HP, refilled cartridges (like from Cartridge World) do not reset to the "full" status. There are some tricks I found online that show how to do some voodoo and reset the cartridge ink status, but I can remember where. Might as well print until the prints look desaturated, or just buy that Primera you want...:)
Old May 23rd, 2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Actually the problem is the printer WON'T print at all, desaturated or anything. Epsons have this "wonderful" logic circuit that says not to print if the cartridges are reporting empty.

And the cartridges are purchased-new-from-Costco REAL Epson ink, brand new. Never placed a refilled cartridge OR no-name ink in the printer.

Thanks for the response though Nate, and if you do find reset tips, please advise and post. In the meantime, I'll do some more searching myself...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:22 PM   #4
Inner Circle

I'm guessing you did the 'reboot' dance? Unplug everything, let it sit for three minutes, then start it up? Tried removing and replacing the same cartridges? I'd try every possible combination of reloading and rebooting, if that doesn't work...

Go shopping.
Richard Alvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 08:26 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Hi Shaun...............

Probably a dumb question, but have you contacted Epson support and asked them?

Epson Stylus Photo R260, Support Contacts - Technical Support - Epson America, Inc.

Seems to be the way to go.

CS
Chris Soucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:34 PM   #6
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Alvarez View Post
I'm guessing you did the 'reboot' dance? Unplug everything, let it sit for three minutes, then start it up? Tried removing and replacing the same cartridges?
3 minutes??? Try 3 weeks.

Chris: valid question. Didn't contact them because the printer is 18 months old and I haven't exactly heard wonderful things about Epson service... And I get seriously miffed if I'm accused of using non-standard materials yadda yadda yadda (which is not to say that's what I'd get from their service, but if I DID, that'd be a BAD DAY around here...)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring