my latest DVD challenge at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 29th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #1
Major Player

my latest DVD challenge

I know that other people have had problems with Compressor and/or DVD Studio's audio/video sync after about 30 minutes. That's happening with my DVD, although the same video exported as a QT movie is fine.

My possible solution: Export and compress my 7 scenes as separate QT, then assemble them on Track 1 or multiple tracks of DVDSP.

Worth trying, or is there a better solution? Thanks!
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #2
Major Player

What compressor settings are you using? Is it creating an AC3 for the audio? I've never had a drift problem when putting an AC3 (any length) to my M2V file.

I'd look at your compressor settings before breaking up your project. Lastly, in DVD Studio Pro you can preview your DVD before you create it. If it is in sync there you know it isn't the compressed file.

-C
Christopher Drews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:14 AM   #3
Major Player

I think I found the answer, which I hadn't discovered because I'd foolishly assumed that my QT export was OK, and that the sync problem happened in Compressor or DVDSP.

When I checked the QT file and saw the bad sync, I started finding many articles and posts that echo this one:

Recording Video with QuickTime: Audio and Video Out of Sync Using iSight Camera – The Big Bald Guy

Thought the hardware/software specifics are different, the relevant point is that exporting to QT can result in a sync problem. And there's even a utility for adjust sync on the fly.

I'm now exporting my scenes as separate QT files, since it's definitely a problem related to length. But if that doesn't work, I'm going to try QT Sync. At least now I don't feel like the problem is unheard of.
Philip Fass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2009, 08:28 AM   #4
Major Player

In case it's of any use, exporting separate, under-30 min. QT files DOES work. Phew!
Philip Fass is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring