Can you convert Encore menus to DVD Studio Pro? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old September 18th, 2009, 09:45 AM   #1
Major Player

Can you convert Encore menus to DVD Studio Pro?

Thats about the whole question. Encore wasted 2 months of my life only to crash on rendering. So now I need to rebuild in DVD Studio Pro. Wondering what I can salvage, or do I need to start from scratch? Thanks.
Old September 19th, 2009, 08:25 AM   #2
Regular Crew

If you need to convert the project over, then you are out of luck. Encore projects cannot be converted into DVD SP projects.

If you just made still menus as PSD files, then yes, you can import them however some changes have to be made for it to work properly. I don't recommend using the layered menu option, but rather importing your menu background as a PSD (flat), then creating custom shapes for the buttons using DVDSP's special layer ordering (Icon, Highlight, Shape, Mask).

If your menu is a motion menu, and your background is rendered out, then it should be easy to use the same background asset in DVDSP as a background.

P.S. - Just out of curiosity, at what point did Encore crash? During rendering of motion menus? Or during the build process? What type of menus were you using?
Jon Geddes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #3
Major Player

Encore has been crashing all over for various reasons. I have given up on it. Wasted months of my time for no reason. The latest crash closes the program if I try to burn the DVD. Useless really.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring