ripping dvd audio at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old March 21st, 2005, 02:41 PM   #1
Major Player

ripping dvd audio

Anybody know a simple way to get some audio off a dvd?

I've been using Media Player to get audio from cd's. I use primera to copy and burn dvd's. I use Adobe's video collection with auditon. I don't seem to find a way to get audio from a dvd. Maybe I've overlooked something.

Thanks.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 02:59 PM   #2
Major Player

Rip the DVDs VOB files to elementary streams (you'll end up with either PCM or AC3 or mpeg2 audio - easy enough to work with here)... or rip the VOB files and demux to elementary streams.

If you have the choice between two channel or 5.1 channel audio, always do 2 channel. 5.1/directional audio is mixed and EQ'd a lot differently and will sound pretty horrible if you try to listen to it as you would normal 2 channel music.

Keep in mind that some DVDs are copyprotected and you shouldn't circumvent DeCSS, etc.

I've done this for a number of live concerts that didn't have audio CDs available.
Patrick Jenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 03:11 PM   #3
Major Player

Patrick,

Thanks for the reply, but...

What do I use to do that? I can't find any documentation in the various programs I have that let me get there from here. I'm thinking of investing in one of those $29 shareware rippers.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2005, 09:55 PM   #4
Major Player

You can use BeSweet, downloadable here in the download section. It's free and work very well.
Benjamin Durin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2005, 08:39 AM   #5
Major Player

Thanks Benjamin,

I downloaded BeSweet plus the GUI, - just too many options for me to grasp quickly. Sooo, I downloaded the ImToo DVD audio ripper, paid my 29 bucks, and did exactly what I needed to do.

Maybe when I have some spare time (yeah, right) I'll look into BeSweet further. I'd just have to understand more of the technology to use it effectively. Thanks for the response though.

Brad
Brad Tyrrell is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring