dvd sp 2- not burning! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 26th, 2005, 12:41 PM   #1
Major Player

dvd sp 2- not burning!

Hey guys
was wondering if anyone here has experienced this problem before.. so i've authored the dvd- did menus/bg etc- did everything right basically, hit the Build/Format button and now 2 hrs later still nada- it basically goes thru Muxing, says it's done- and then goes over to linking, that's done and finally Writing Layout info... and then it's stuck there- it's been 2 hrs since then and nothing's even close to being burnt- Help! thanks

btw am on a G4- dual 800mhz, running the latest osx- 768mb ram and i've never experienced this issue before!
Old March 28th, 2005, 09:43 AM   #2
Major Player

I would try saving as an image file. This will mux the project like normal, but won't try to burn the DVD (which is where the hang-up seems to be). You can then burn this image to disc with another application like Toast or Disk Utility. I actually prefer this method because it seems a little faster and multiple DVD copies can be burned with only one "muxing" session.
Old March 28th, 2005, 03:53 PM   #3
Major Player

I agree with Nicholi, plus you have the option of setting the burn speed lower to 1x in Toast which I recommend as well.
Old March 30th, 2005, 07:21 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Just build the project in DVDSP. Then open it's Video_TS folder with DVD Player and check everything is working prperly.

Then use Toast to burn it. Or you can even use DVDSP to burn it by clicking FORMAT but you can't specify what speed to burn in.

What DVD superdrive do you have? And what speed DVD-Rs are you using. Your original Superdrive would not like anything faster than 2x DVD-Rs if you haven't installed the Firmware updater.

Also if you are using 4x DVD-Rs or higher and have your project on a HDD that is not fast enough and 8MB cache then it can also stall the burning. I know.
Andrew Hogan is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring