DVD label printing on DVD? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old July 12th, 2005, 11:48 AM   #16
Inner Circle

Props to my Epson 200

Well, I bought my Epson200 from Sam's for 90bucks and some change and haven't looked back. The trey is tricky, once I figured it out, I was good to go. I know that differnt OS' may treat the printer differently. I run XP.

I have to sink money into a new computer, other wise I would tink of getting one of those fancy dvd burner/printer robotic looking things from Primera.

Just 2k is a bit too much for me atm.
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:11 PM   #17
Major Player

Epson R320

I've seen some comments regarding the Epson 200 and 300. But what about the 320? I've read a little about it on cnet.

I'm wondering if it is possible to print from Adobe Illustrator to Disk or if the Epson program has to be used.
Thanks,
Scott
Scott Routt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 20th, 2005, 04:27 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Linden
Sometimes I have to reload the tray, but it has always ended up doing a nice printing job.
Bruce, that tray reload thing isn't because you got a refurb, all R200s seem to do that. If the tray isn't positioned exactly correct, they'll poke the tray back out as if to say "try again".

Positioning accuracy improves with practice, but I've found that Murphy's Law applies: the more time critical the project, the more likely the tray will require a reload.
Old July 21st, 2005, 10:49 AM   #19
Trustee

Quote:
I've seen some comments regarding the Epson 200 and 300. But what about the 320? I've read a little about it on cnet.
I have the Epson 320. I think it's probably close to the 300, with some added features.
Quote:
I'm wondering if it is possible to print from Adobe Illustrator to Disk or if the Epson program has to be used.
I use a Photoshop CD/DVD template Epson made for the Stylus Photo 960, but it works just fine for the R320. Illustrator can open Photoshop files, so you could try it for printing directly from Illustrator. Just make sure you read the instructions included with the template on how to set things up to print correctly.

Download the template here: http://www.videohelp.com/forum/image...to960cdtem.zip
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 12:27 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Bruce and Patrick, I think my R200 sometimes does some kind of head cleaning dance when I print a disc, and I figured that was when the tray got pushed out. Like you said, just wait for it to give the error message and push it back in.

Christopher, I don't know about printing direct from Illustrator, but if it doesn't work you should be able to just export it as a square image and drop it into the Epson software as a disc background. That's what I did for all of my discs back when I was stuck with labels and lousy software. I haven't tested the Epson software out thoroughly yet, but I will probably keep doing this for my more elaborate label designs. This way it also stays compatible if I change printer/software in the future. I used 2000x2000, but there's nothing magical about it -- feel free to experiment.
There's no way for you to know if what I'm saying is true unless you know what the truth is, and there's no way for you to know what the truth is unless there is a truth that you can know. -- Frank Peretti
Jeremy Davidson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2005, 02:09 PM   #21
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Davidson
I don't know about printing direct from Illustrator, but if it doesn't work you should be able to just export it as a square image and drop it into the Epson software as a disc background.
I don't know either, as I never tried printing from Illustrator, but like I said, Illustrator can open Photoshop files (and hence the Epson template), so it might work.

I use the Epson template with Photoshop, and it works great printing directly to my Epson R320. Why go through the extra step of importing the image into the Epson software if printing direct from Photoshop works?
Christopher Lefchik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring