Adobe Encore -- various topics - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 8th, 2004, 03:08 AM   #31
Regular Crew

Pinnacle Impression also claims to support multi-angle. Though you might want to check the Pinnacle web boards to see just how reliably it works.

Julian
Julian Luttrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 03:18 AM   #32
RED Code Chef

I stand corrected. BUT, reading the specifications it only seems
to do 2 angles max! That's an important thing to know. All the
other mentioned products support the maximum number of
angles on a DVD which is 9

Rob Lohman, visuar@iname.com
DV Info Wrangler & RED Code Chef

Join the DV Challenge | Lady X

Search DVinfo.net for quick answers | Buy from the best: DVinfo.net sponsors
Rob Lohman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2004, 11:21 AM   #33
Wrangler

Hmmm all I would "need" is 2 angles. Wonder how good Pinnacle Impression is- anyone ever work with it?
Glen Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2004, 02:14 PM   #34
Trustee

I do not have it, but the discussion on the Liquid Edition board compares and contrasts it DVD Lab. It is a little outdated, but works well from the chatter. List is $199.
George Ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:16 PM   #35
Major Player

Sync Problem with Titles - PP and Encore

I am using Premiere Pro and Encore to create a DVD that has some titles in the beginning. The titles appear at different points in the timeline... for instance, it starts with a graphic at time 1, title one comes in at time 2, and title two comes in at time 3. Then they go away and it happens a few more times with different titles.

The look beautiful in the timeline, and the look beautiful in the exported final AVI file, but when I create the DVD with Encore the time sequencing of when the titles is all messed up. I have title one appearing with the graphic, on one sequence. I have titles one and two appearing at the same time on another. It is confounding to me. There is music going on beneath this, and it is playing fluidly.

Though the titles sequencing appears random, it is strictly determined by something because it is completely consistent in its mis-timing. I just checked in Encore and it works exactly the same way in the preview mode - i.e. messed up.

What could possibly cause a fully-functional AVI file to scramble itself that way? Are the titles stored as text in the AVI file? I always assumed they were bitmaps in there, but this definitely argues against that.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Barry Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 02:23 AM   #36
RED Code Chef

This is a bit confusing. There are two ways to do titles. One is
incorporated into the video. Nothing should be able to change
this. The other is as an overlay bitmap which gets turned into
a subtitle in the DVD format. In theory this could be messed up.

If the titles should be part of the video, why not render to MPEG2
directly from Premiere and load that into Encore. Then Encore
should not do its own encoding since the file is already DVD
compatible.

Old March 24th, 2004, 08:15 AM   #37
Major Player

Rob,

Thanks for the input. Yes, I am confused as you are... they are not subtitles, they are in the video in the AVI.... strange...

I would love to render to MPEG2, but that is not an option on my menu... do I have to download a separate Codec to put that on the export option list? If so, do you know where to get it?

Thanks again.
Barry Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:37 AM   #38
Wrangler

Barry,

Hmmm, I'm puzzled as well. If the whole sequence has been rendered to AVI (which works properly) and then imported into Encore, I can't imagine how the titles could then subsequently shift within the rendered timeline. But agree it might be worth a try to render directly to MPEG2 from PremierPro...

PP uses the MainConcept MPEG encoder "right out of the box" so you shouldn't have to buy anything else to do it. The menu and dialog box structure is a little different than previous versions of Premier, but it is there.

I'm at work and can't quite remember the exact navigation to export to MPEG, but I think it is in the File menu...Export...Adobe Media Encoder, and then choose your preferred format and codecs from the dialog boxes and drop down menus.

If no logical reason for this is discovered, please do email Adobe so any bug causing this can be ID'ed and hopefully fixed in an update.
Pete Bauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2004, 12:40 PM   #39
Regular Crew

Might be worth checking the Encore forum over at Adobe to see if anyone has had a similar problem and to post this question over there. Hope you get it worked out.
Brian Huey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2004, 08:04 PM   #40
Regular Crew

Encore menu button on remote linking problem

Hey guys. I have a problem I need solved. When I start the dvd up it goes to the first menu which has two buttons.

One is "play movie" and the other is "special features". Then when you click on "special features" it goes to the next menu and has thumbnails you can press on to see extended interviews etc. So, after you watch the interview it goes back to the "special features" menu.

Now, I want to beable to press the menu button on the remote to link back to the first menu which has the "play movie" and "special features" buttons. I'm using Encore 1.0. I've looked at Adobes Encore tutorials and forums, but haven't found an answer to solve my problem. How can I do this? Thanks.
Jake Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2005, 09:03 PM   #41
Regular Crew

Anybody know how to solve this?
Jake Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2005, 03:03 PM   #42
Regular Crew

Do I need Encore DVD

I am going to be making dvd's - editing with Premiere Pro 1.5. I am wondering what Encore DVD does for me versus using the various Nero tools for the authoring step. I know very little about dvd authoring though I have done heaps of video editing for web and VHS delivery.

Andrew Hall
Old February 24th, 2005, 11:53 PM   #43
Regular Crew

Nero is not an advanced DVD authoring app. You will be very happy with Encore DVD. Take a look at http://www.wrigleyvideo.com/videotutorial for excellent tutorials.
Old February 26th, 2005, 05:30 AM   #44
RED Code Chef

The basic Nero stuff can just create a movie-only disc (although I
do believe there are some more advanced Nero tools out there
or coming out).

Encore DVD is a DVD authoring program. Authoring programs take
your elements (video, audio and stills etc.) and combines them
into a DVD.

What this allows you to do is:

- add multiple movies
- create (motion) menus (you need to create stills from the video or a paint program) that can link to each other (think main menu, chapter selection menu, extra's menu etc.)
- add subtitling

etc.

Old February 26th, 2005, 01:27 PM   #45
Trustee

i believe that premiere pro includes the mainconcept mpeg encoder, which is probably better than whatever encoder you'll get with nero... but test it to see for yourself.

your market may be satisfied with whatever the limits of nero authoring are; you can, for instance, put the photo sequences to music with premiere, then just encode it all as part of the timeline with the mainconcept encoder... then set up your chapter links in nero(you'll need that capability at a minimum).

i tend to believe that dvd's work better in general, and are maybe more compatible, when you use only one long mpeg2 file, as opposed to authoring in multiple seperate elements.

you can also use a seperate program for authoring the menu, i like the program that mediachance has created... see if nero will import menus.

cheaper alternatives than encore would include dvdlab pro, from mediachance... it'll do things that you can't do with encore, but it may not be as easy to use for a beginner.
Dan Euritt is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring