Encore Play Thread by keying number into Remote? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old January 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Encore Play Thread by keying number into Remote?

Hi,
I have a client who wants their DVD Authored with 5 sub-menus off the main menu listing 6 selections each.
He wants the selections numbered with the Menu Number and a dash, then the relative selection number. I.E. Menu 1, selection 3 would be Numbered as "1-3," Menu 5, selection 1 would be numbered "5-1."

I've got all of that in place, but the last thing that's got me stumped is this:

My client wants to be able to key the selection number into the remote from the main menu and have that particular selection play. Is there a way for me to assign a number combination to a timeline in Encore? I.E. to make it so that keying "45" into the remote plays selection 4-5? Any help is appreciated. I did search before posting and I've found nothing here, and googling "Encore" and "Number" together tends to turn up a bunch of pirate sites. Thanks!
Old January 13th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #2
Regular Crew

The only evidence I've been able to find thus far that such a thing is possible is the fifth line from the bottom on this document:

Adobe Encore CS4 * User operations

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring