Hello, need help with DVD burner purchase! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old August 9th, 2005, 01:54 PM   #1
Trustee

Hello, need help with DVD burner purchase!

Hi DVinfo'ers!

I've got a G5 Mac with the standard DVD burner that came with it. I want to buy an internal (or external if it's super cheap) dual layer DVD burner and replace the exisiting one.

Anyone have any advice on what to get? I'm sure someone here has replaced their factory DVD burner in their Macs with a dual layer burner???
Old August 9th, 2005, 07:30 PM   #2
Tourist

Pioneer 109

Hi Chris,
I purchased Pioneer 109 from Other World Computing. Right now they are around $55. Also if you go to www.Xlr8yourmac.com they are a database on those drives. They also have a link to a Mac Flasher which I have used to update the driver to version 1.57. Now the drive will show up in system profiler burning yes vendor unsupported, but I have used toast and burnable folders to burn a dual layer disk (Ritek) with about 7.2 gig of stuff to test. Now there is also a link for a hack for iDVD from www.hardmac.com to exhange a file in iDVD to have it recognize the drive to burn a dual layer project in iDVD. And there is a possibility soon that the driver for the 109's will be coming soon to flash the drive with an Apple driver so the hack won't be needed.

regards,

Paul Kirby

2GHZ Dual G5, Final Cut Suite, XL1s, GL1,
Paul Kirby is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring