Background in DVD Archtecht at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old August 15th, 2005, 03:12 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Background in DVD Archtecht

I am using video for the menu background. So far I have two menus each with a different video background. One plays the video then stays frozen on the last frame. The other plays video then goes black. I don't see any difference in how they are set up but I would be happy if the one that goes black would freeze on the last frame as well.

Any idea what I need to know here?
Charley Gallagher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 03:15 PM   #2
Sponsor: JET DV

What about the audio? If the audio length exceeds the video length, it will go black from the last frame of video through the end of the audio. Could that be the culprit?
Edward Troxel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:05 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks for the reply, Ed. None of the clips have audio tracks. They are .mpg file, not .avi, if that says anything. I can make them loop but that would get old fast I feel. I am trying to grab their eye briefly.
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Are the two video backgrounds of equal length?

Cheers,
-Matt

a pixel a day keeps boredom at bay
Matt Ockenfels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2005, 06:48 PM   #5

If you're using it for a menu background, I strongly recommend that you use an AVI instead.
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #6
Regular Crew

Not sure it will help, but I'm pretty sure you can set the in and out points on video in DVDA to be different than the clip length. Maybe if you pull back the out point a couple of frames?
Old August 16th, 2005, 01:53 PM   #7
Regular Crew

OK, it was the length of the audio track that was causing the problem. When I inserted the video I didn't also insert an audio track but somehow there was an .jpg file listed in the audio track.

So I corrected the problem...until I tried to add a soundtrack to the menus. Now the audio exceeds the video. Is there no way around this? I suppose I can take the video and take a picture of the last frame and stretch that the length of the audio to make it work?
Old August 16th, 2005, 02:19 PM   #8

Yes, both the audio and video MUST be the same length or you either get a black screen or silence while the other continues to play out. The other option is to shorten the loop time but then the longer event will suddenly stop to repeat.
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:48 PM   #9
Regular Crew

Thanks all for the help. I got it working by stretching the last frame of a video clip the remaining length of the audio clip. Kind of a waste of resources but it is now doing what I wanted it to do.
Charley Gallagher is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring