Best Method/Program to Transfer Slides to DVD? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old August 31st, 2005, 11:40 AM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurence Kingston
Yeah, I know what you mean. With Ultimate S and Video, formatting the project is a breeze, but scanning in all those photos takes forever. I wish there was a machine where you could dump a bunch of pictures, slides or negatives in a bin and it would scan the whole bunch!
Not for slides, but one of my scanners has a photo feeder.

I can put a stack of pics in the top and it'll automatically scan them all. It's been great.
Bryan McCullough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 12:02 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan McCullough
Not for slides, but one of my scanners has a photo feeder.

I can put a stack of pics in the top and it'll automatically scan them all. It's been great.

Bryan - what brand/model of scanner are you using?
David McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2005, 01:29 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Nikon Super coolscan 5000

with the slide attatchment that holds 50 slides. It jams but it is one of the best slide feeder/scanner combos. Digital Ice is NICE, comes with it.

It is sweet and worth every penny, got my set-up on ebay at half price. Many folks buy the scanner and slide feeder then sell it after they are done, they are always available on ebay and some package them together. Probally a little over $1000 bucks. You can also scan negative film. The quality is tops. I personally don't ever want to see another slide ever again, after 10,000 I have had enough, it is very time consuming. You will also like the Nikon program because you can scale 1000,s of slides at once. very important when you have 3000 slides that has to go on one set of cds, you can figure if they have a HD plasma or SD box and scale your pics accordingly.
Jerry Mohn is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring