TMPGenc choking on AVCHD files at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 12th, 2015, 12:11 AM   #1
Major Player

TMPGenc choking on AVCHD files

I was trying to save a step during my DVD authoring and rendered my project out to AVCHD with AC3 audio. I have been using TMPGenc to author DVDs for years now, and noticed that when I added the videos to the project they seemed to think about it a while before finally accepting the file. After I had built my menus and what-not, I started the encode only to have it pop up with an error saying that the format was wrong. I am going to hate to have to re-render this entire project, but it's looking like that is going to be the case. Any ideas?
Jeremiah Rickert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2015, 01:07 PM   #2
Major Player

Re: TMPGenc choking on AVCHD files

What is the workflow you used prior to trying AVCHD? And what NLE software do you use?

AVCHD is the very last thing I would ever use as an "intermediate" file - it's very highly compressed. If you're wanting TMPGenc to create the MPEG-2 DVD file from your finished clip, I'd use an .avi codec with 4:2:2 color as the intermediate that is exported from the NLE.

Thanks
Old June 12th, 2015, 01:59 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Re: TMPGenc choking on AVCHD files

I always use a intermediate codec (hqavi) from edius which give me a fast and very reliable workflow in tmpgenc.
Noa Put is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring