C/D and DVD Label Installer - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 25th, 2007, 07:47 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Harris View Post
I'm surprised nobody has said this already, but labels tend to mess up discs, the balance gets thrown off and you end up with unplayable discs sometimes. I'd stay far, far away from labeling.
After printing several hundred with no problems attributed to labeling I would say it's possible, just like anything is possible, but not likely. I changed to inkjet printables because it's more convenient and has a nicer look not because of technical problems.
As a matter of fact, I have in my posession DVDs that are inkjet printable and I can no longer play them because the printable paper deteroriated and began flaking and falling off the disc. This led to bits and chunks of paper coming off in the DVD player.
Allen W
Allen Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #17
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Edwards View Post
I have an Epson to make short runs.

Is there a high volumn unit out there to print large jobs?
I use the Primera Bravo Pro. I just timed a small print job with a stop watch.
Twelve discs with labeling only, not full bleed with "normal" print mode. Actual time from hitting the print button to the last disc dropping into the completion bin. 8 minutes, 25 seconds. The printer has a capacity of 100 discs at a time and reloading takes seconds.
With a little research on the web you can save over $800 off the list price.
I find it is well worth the price. No more Epson 260, 300 & 960 for disc printing for me.
The agony of printing to DVD or CD is a thing of the past with an auto printer.
Allen W
Allen Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:55 PM   #18
Tourist

Epson R340 Disc Feed Gets Finicky

My R340 prints a great label but, after about 200 copies, the feeder tray began to overshoot its placement and the machine spits it back out with an error message. I found that I have to hold the feed tray back for about a second with thumb and forefinger as the pull begins for it to work.

Anyone else have that problem with the Epson?
Richard Andert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #19
Trustee

Actually, I have to keep pressure on it so that it grabs correctly when the time comes. Sort of the opposite problem.
Old April 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #20
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Andert View Post
My R340 prints a great label but, after about 200 copies, the feeder tray began to overshoot its placement and the machine spits it back out with an error message. I found that I have to hold the feed tray back for about a second with thumb and forefinger as the pull begins for it to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Gotz View Post
Actually, I have to keep pressure on it so that it grabs correctly when the time comes. Sort of the opposite problem.
Something to try. The lower plastic extension that sits lower than the dvd tray should actually be pulled all the way out so it barely makes contact with the dvd tray, this gives the whole system a bit more friction, traction, or fraction, and it may eliminate the problem you are having.
Old April 9th, 2007, 07:08 AM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Andert View Post

You should check out this thread:
http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=86500
Terence Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2007, 09:22 AM   #22
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allen Williams View Post
As a matter of fact, I have in my posession DVDs that are inkjet printable and I can no longer play them because the printable paper deteroriated and began flaking and falling off the disc. This led to bits and chunks of paper coming off in the DVD player.
Allen W
I'm curious as to what brand of media is used in this case. I haven't noticed this in good quality Taiyo Yudens or good Verbatims.
-Jon

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring