Change burnspeed in Apple DVD Studio Pro 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring

Old February 6th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Change burnspeed in Apple DVD Studio Pro 4

Hi

I have an IMac Intel Core Duo with FCP Studio.
If I understand everything right the default burnspeed is 8X when burning DVDīs.

What i would like to do is lower the the burnspeed to 4X when burning from DVD Studio Pro 4, but I donīt understand where I do this change in the program.

I have looked in the manual but I canīt find anything about that.
I am wondering if anyone here please could tell me where and how to change the speed to 4X

Cheers

Hans
Old February 6th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #2
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Ledel
I am wondering if anyone here please could tell me where and how to change the speed to 4X
Hi Hans.

I change the burn speed in Disk Utility, not DVD Studio Pro (DVD SP).

1/ In DVD SP, click "Format" to bring up the Format window.
2/ Under the "General" tab, go down to "Output Device" and select "Hard Drive". This will change the "Output Format" to ".img".
3/ After you format your DVD, open Disk Utility (found in the Utilities folder under Applications) and drag your newly-created .img file into it.
4/ Insert a blank DVD and click "Burn".
5/ A window should come up in Disk Utility asking you to select your burn speed.
David Knaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2007, 03:37 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Hi David

Thank you very much, now I know how to change the speed.

BUT... there is a "minor " problems when I format it makes a .img of a earlier projekt that I burned with 8X

I am very new to Mac and FCP so I am very condused every time I have problems.

I think/know that the problem is that I have encoding set to :Encode on build

I have now change that to:Encode in background and as I write I can hear the encoding is working but I donīt know when encoding is done and ready to be made a .img.

I have been looking for some kind of button to encode but as I said Iīm very confused at this moment.

I am working in Basic mode and evrything looks OK when I use Simulate and it has worked out nicely when I had encoding set to Encode on build and pressed burn.

Then I could se the whole processs encoding etc and the finnaly the projekt was burned at 8X.

So if I am doing the following

1. I am putting the whole projekt together and check everything in Simulate and all is A-OK
Then what?

How do I tell the program to do everything encoding etc so that the program tells me: Now I am done and now you can make a perfect .IMG

2. Should I have encoding set to: Encode in background or what?

3 Why does the format takes place of a earlier projekt when I am working in the new projekt?
Why does it not tell me something like: Sorry you have to do all the encoding etc. before I can make a .IMG of this? (maybe i am asking to much :-) )

I really hope you or maybe someone else might be able to help me

Cheers and greetings from Stockholm

Hans
Old February 7th, 2007, 04:10 AM   #4
Regular Crew

I just found out that in IDVD 6 you have a option, when you are done creating your projekt, where you can save a projekt as : Save as Disc Image. and it makes a perfect .IMG of the whole projekt

That is what i would like to do in DVDSP

Cheers

Hans
Old February 8th, 2007, 04:01 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Problem solved!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring