Anybody familiar with DVD Studio Pro 4? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old February 16th, 2007, 03:23 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Anybody familiar with DVD Studio Pro 4?

there may or may not be a simple solution to this question, but i'm trying to burn my HD footage onto a DVD and after importing everything into dvd studio pro 4 i have created my menu and linked to the assets and when i click the burn disc button up top, it creates the DVD....however none of the DVD's work in the DVD player. i've blown through three blank DVD's so far. they dont play on the cpu or any DVD player in my house.

what's going on here??
James Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Regular Crew

You can't make a HD DVD with a SD disk.

In Compressor choose DVD Best Quality 16:9 or whatever. This will make your HD footage viewable on a SD DVD. But it won't be in HD.

Joe
Old February 16th, 2007, 04:03 PM   #3
Regular Crew

thanx, i did that, however in dvd studio pro i selected that my media was 720p/hd from one of the drop down selections when it asked if the media was SD or HD...am i not supposed to do that?
James Carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2007, 04:55 PM   #4
Regular Crew

No, after your export, everything will be in SD while you are in DVD studio pro.
Brian Farris is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring