What DVD Printer are you using? - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 13th, 2007, 06:40 PM   #31
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Moreau View Post
The Se was only abot $1k. What would your point be there?

I can get a one chip camera and spend a lot more time trying to get comparable results and in the end, the quality will be lower and I have spent a lot more time. If the R200 is up to your standards, great for you, it is an awesome solution for many. I just had many problems and would not endorse it. For somebody using the unit to make money, I would strongly recomend a pro machine such as the Bravo SE as I would also recommend pro cameras and equipment, over low end stuff like the Epson with a sanded down DVd tray and generic ink.... I get your point though, you like the more affordable solution.
My point, was that I was curious as to what your system cost! Sorry if I ruffled your feathers!

Mike

Last edited by Mike Teutsch; March 14th, 2007 at 06:11 AM.
Mike Teutsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:38 PM   #32
Inner Circle

I like the result of my Epson R800 with printable DVDs. However, the printer seems to be falling apart, with rollers dropping left and right. The printer works marvelously for printing on discs, but it no longer can print on paper. This is my second R800, which was replaced by the extended warranty on my first R800 which also lost rollers. I've had some trouble (both R800s) with the sliding plastic tray fitting into the machine, so I suspect all of that reinsertion caused the rollers to pop.
Gints Klimanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #33
Still Motion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Teutsch View Post
My point, was that I was curious as to what your system cost! Sorry if I ruffled your feathers!

Mike
Well in that case- oops. I thought you were implying something else.

The SE is a great entry level option for automated printing and their ink is only $40 for about 200 discs, which in my opinion, are very high quality. It is a harder argument to make comparing an Epson to a $2500-4500 printer for smaller runs and a small business but I think the Bravo SE is an excellent option that won't break the bank.
Patrick Moreau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 02:31 AM   #34
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Harding View Post
Hi Graham just out of intrest how does your ink hold up in the Bravo II? E.G how many full colour discs do you get per cartridge set on avarage?
Hi Andy

The ink is fine on the Bravo - I reckon to get well over 1000 discs per cartridge... before you fall off your chair(!) - most of the discs are simple black text with a coloured logo.

There's loads of control over print quality, but even at the best res doesn't compare to a "proper" litho printed disc. At a guess you'd probably get aboput 300 full colour prints per cartridge.

Hope this helps...
Graham Risdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 08:34 AM   #35
Regular Crew

Cool thanks for the info Graham that's a great help.
Andy Harding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2007, 09:36 PM   #36
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit Hannah View Post
Was wondering what DVD printer you were using to print on DVDs, how cost effective it is for you, how fast, etc. Are consumables expensive for your printer?
I used to use the Epson Stylus 960. You manually feed the DVD into the printing mechanism. This made DVD printing much quicker than the newer 200 - 300 models.
It finally broke. After several trips to the repair shop I replaced it with a 260. I couldn't believe how slow it is. (The same speed as my wife's 300 without the push/pull problem.)
I print as much as 400 DVDs per day so to attempt to use the 260 would have put me out of business.

I took the plunge and bought a Primera Bravo Pro (printer only) which has a capacity of 100 discs per load. The robotics are quick as well as the actual printing.

Even though the ink cartridges (two) are much larger they seem to use less ink per disc.

For me the Bravo Pro is cost effective because I can concentrate on editing and other tasks that bring in more money per hour than manually feeding discs for hours at a time. As with most businesses, I consider the human labor factor the most expensive component of running a business.
To reload the disc holders for a one hundred disc run only takes a few seconds. BTW, with a little shopping around you can cut as much as 1/3 or more off the list price.
Allen W

Last edited by Allen Williams; March 15th, 2007 at 10:29 PM.
Allen Williams is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring