"Region" regarding DVD 5 format at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old March 29th, 2007, 07:53 PM   #1
Regular Crew

"Region" regarding DVD 5 format

Well I finally finished my project which I've been working on for the past year and a half and am preparing to release it nationwide with the help of a couple big distribution companies.

Anyhow, I'm getting ready to send the master off to the replication company to have DVD 5 retail ready copies made up and need to make sure that I've rendered and authored the DVD correctly region-wise and just overall that I didn't miss anything.

So my question is for anyone whom has experience in this matter, how do I check the region and what are the guidelines I should check/follow to make sure my master is properly put together?
Robb Swiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:02 PM   #2
Wrangler

You can only set Region in a proper DVD authoring program that can create DLT tapes or DVD-A discs.

In other words, if your master is going to be a DVD-R or DVD+R to the plant, there's no such thing as region or CSS encryption.
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Is DVD Architect capable of this or am I in trouble?
Robb Swiatek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2007, 08:21 PM   #4

your replicator *may* be able to set the flags at the time of replication, as Nate mentioned, you can't embed the information in a DVD +/-R, you need a DLT master. Our primary replicator can remaster your project from a DVD+/-R and insert encryption, Macrovision, and Region bits for you, but of course it costs. They'll also test every aspect of the disc itself. FWIW, our replicator requests that if you're not submitting an ISO or raw project on HDD, DLT, or data disc, that you submit two different brands of DVD9 or DVD5 media in case of bad media or non-compatible media.

Congrats on finishing what sounds like a large project.

[edited to add] DVD Architect can write a master to HDD or to DLT either one. It can write the encryption info and region info. The replication house must be licensed to utilize Macrovision if you go that route.
http://www.vasst.com
Douglas Spotted Eagle is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring