How do you combine multiple files into one play button in DVD Architect 3.0? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

Old June 4th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Regular Crew

How do you combine multiple files into one play button in DVD Architect 3.0?

Hi everyone,

I've got DVD architect 3.0 and I'm trying to get a project, which was rendered in four different files that fit together into one video, accessible from only the action of one button on my main menu. How can I do this? Is there a way I can combine these files in Architect or do I have to change rendering settings in my editing program to get everything into one file? I rendered on the highest quality setting in Vegas 6.0. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Tristan Howard
Tristan Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 01:43 PM   #2
Inner Circle

To get the 1st to lead into and play the 2nd and so forth set the END ACTIONS of each piece to point to the next piece you want to play.
In other words, take the first piect that plays off the PLAY button set the END ACTION to point to the 2nd piece you want to play then set the END ACTION of that piece to point to the 3rd piece you want to play ETC.

That should do it for you.
OR you can render the enteir piece as 1 in Vegas and set chapters in Vegas and have both a PLAY ALL button AND a Scene Selection button and menu which would allow the viewer to select which part or chapter they want to see.

HTHs
DOn
Don Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #3
Inner Circle

Not sure if this feature is available in DVDA, but in Encore you could make a "playlist" with any number of individual videos and link that to your "play all" navigation button.
Old June 5th, 2007, 12:29 AM   #4
Regular Crew

Thanks everybody,

I wasn't able to figure out how to combine stuff with end actions but I was able to get everything to play from one button in a unified manner by combining the files into a playlist. Now, I'm facing the problem of making a unified scene selection menu for all my files but I posted another thread here about how to maybe render everything as one file so there's still a lot of stuff I need to try.

-Tristan
Old June 5th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #5
Regular Crew

By reformatting my external hard drive, I was able to render my project as one file and everything should be working right now.

Thanks,
Tristan
Old October 15th, 2007, 04:29 PM   #6
New Boot

Hi there, I'm trying to do the same thing in DVDA 4.5...but I don't see an option to set the End Action. I'm sure this is something simple that I'm missing. Anyone have any leads?

Thanks!
Dawn
Dawn Haynesobrien is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > Distribution Center > DVD Authoring